Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#385271 - 02/11/12 09:29 AM westboro & our fellow survivors
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
unsure if little boys charles powell, 7, and his brother braden, 5, were sexually abused before their deaths (police found "incestual" images on their dad's puter.)

but imagine the kind of mind (man) who organizes a protest of the boys' funeral this way - and in the name of god? so glad an agreement was made at the final hour to prevent the scene. nonetheless, doesn't change their intentions. nor does it change the next death protest in a city near you.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationno...ys-funeral.html

#385325 - 02/11/12 02:54 PM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: westchesterguy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I don't get it. What did they have to protest about?

And if they DID disrupt the funeral of those boys, I'd be more than willing to pay THE price. I don't understand why people have not been willing to do same at US Soldier's funerals where those freaks go.

Still's Globs

New Video

#385329 - 02/11/12 03:15 PM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: Still]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
westboro felt that the killing of these two boys was justice served, and god's punishment, for washington state passing a gay marriage bill.

no group in existence today enrages me more.

i hate them more than the 19 who killed my fellow manhattanites on 9.11.

#385513 - 02/12/12 11:18 PM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: westchesterguy]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Does ANYONE like these Westboro sociopaths? They're turds in the punchbowl of life.

John

#385517 - 02/12/12 11:34 PM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: unhappycamper]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sad thing is they teach their kids this hatred, and bring them along on their protests and put them in harms way.

Purely for their safety, the kids should be taken away.

They were on 20/20 once, actually the daughter of one family that disowned her for refusing their hate teaching was, and they showed an incident where one of rltheir kids, maybe 10 or so was clipped in the head by a car mirror of a car that swerved toward them while they were protesting a funeral.

Where's child services in these cases?

#385540 - 02/13/12 05:51 AM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: JustScott]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Westbro and my kids can rejoice in the fact that i live on the opposite end of the country, because i could not allow it. NO possible way!

Still's Globs

New Video

#385555 - 02/13/12 09:16 AM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: Still]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
They, the Phelps gang, were just in an area near me last week. They were protesting something at a local high school. Upon checking out several aspects of their travels and how they operate, a few things are clear. One, they package the protests with a well placed advance notice to local law enforcement and media. They also openly list the protest schedule on the church web page. They typically drive in one van, and plan a route that yields the most media air time.

In our recent visit, they cancelled, one of two stops, that was not planned out correctly, according to them. So, observers and media, last week counted no more than 7 to 9 active members of their travel group. They also have several attorney-members and are well versed in First Amendment features that they can exploite.

The local visit lasted about ten minutes, they got face time on all the tv stations, the counter demonstrators rallied several hundred. In the past they had legal folks on standby to enforce the notion of protest on public ground. My guess is that they present a easy target for various assaults and thus it is safe to say, some LE or private entity, monitors parts of their travel. So, any illegal act to harm or effort toimpede them, is a bad idea. If we balance the discussion they generate.we can view that as a good thing,for all. Otherwise, much like a pesky fly at a picnic, you are better off to ignore it, and continue having fun.

With that all said, there are positive ways to shield funerals and other public events from this type of free speech. The Patriot Guard Motorcycle honor guards, are a great example of response.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey

#443385 - 08/05/13 03:13 PM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: westchesterguy]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
One positive fact about this, the Patriot guard Motorcycle group and others have joined in on this effort. Harley noise has found a good use smile.

#443485 - 08/06/13 07:56 AM Re: westboro & our fellow survivors [Re: westchesterguy]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Fred Phelps brainwashed most of the younger family members into his cult through relentless sadistic physical torture. Whipped his sons until they vomited and blacked out, etc. If you want the morbid details and aren't too strongly triggered by physical abuse, Google "Fred Phelps Addicted to Hate."

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.