Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Healing8, Nathan LaChine), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443257 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#384365 - 02/04/12 08:53 PM Shaded
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
When Iím really frustrated or in a deep internal battle over the rapeís effects on my life and the lives of those I love poetry is what I often turn to. I find that if I speak in plan prose Iím perceived as a threat or I anger people. But there are those times I think Iíve got to speak up or Iíll never be heard because people, especially men, donít like or respond to poetry. So sometimes I make the mistake of vocalizing myself. Expressing my needs as an ASA man as I did in a different forum only to have it be shut down. It is dismissive moments like that, that turn me back to my poetry.

Shaded

Hope is like an eveningís inspiring sunset
Flashing promising lights in dazzling display
Raysí visual songs, sung in dreamy colors
Until descending,
Coercing hues to fade away

Itís in this place between the shadows where
Movements intermingling with fearís aberrations
Blur clarity within shaded outlines.
Iím devoured
By the colorlessness of dimming aspirations

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#384368 - 02/04/12 09:03 PM Re: Shaded [Re: earlybird]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: earlybird
...Expressing my needs as an ASA man as I did in a different forum only to have it be shut down....

I am saddened to hear that you experienced being shut down. I hope you can shrug off this experience and continue to move on.

Your poem is wonderful.

Peace,
Avery

#384470 - 02/05/12 05:12 PM Re: Shaded [Re: earlybird]
TheTwoOfUs Offline

Loc: USA
So sometimes I make the mistake of vocalizing myself. Expressing my needs as an ASA man as I did in a different forum only to have it be shut down.

SO wrong on their part!! I'm sorry you had to experience that. Keep going forward, though, people that shut others down like this probably don't really understand what's going on to begin with and likely wouldn't have been healthy for the healing process anyway. That's just how I view it myself, I could be wrong, but it's how I see it.

Itís in this place between the shadows where
Movements intermingling with fearís aberrations
Blur clarity within shaded outlines.

I can identify so much with this. Thank you for posting it, actually.

I know what you mean about guys not wanting to respond to poetry, but guess what? It speaks louder than prose or regular conversation sometimes - it's a powerful tool when used in the right hands.

Adapt. Overcome. Survive.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.