Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
8 registered (Jas52, 5 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438094 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#384584 - 02/06/12 01:59 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: lapchinj]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: lapchinj
Yeah it triggers me but it wasn't like I wasn't there because someone was holding me there. I was there because I wanted to be there those years. But it still triggers when I walk around trying to find my old apartment where we kids stayed and the stoop where we all smoked or sniffed glue and on occasion shot smack or speed. I try not to walk around the village but It's become an obsession in finding these places. I might have found the building where I stayed. The cops knew we were prostitutes so it was sometimes a cat and mouse game were they would try and push us away from the crowds. Yeah I feel like I must have been a sick puppy. Last week I walked into my T's office pretty shook up. But if I would just sit in the park and meditate a little or close my eyes I would be OK, but too scared yet to close them for very long. I was abducted once when I was 14 which seems to have been part of a pimp war, so that feeling hasn't gone away.

I knew this T from his books and I wanted him because he did CSA but I was scared to call him. One of the past presidents here gave me the push to drop him an email and so I'm back in the village. I was also nervous because I heard too many horror stories like yours. I was very lucky. I wish you all the luck in the world that you can also find someone. It helps tremendously. But MS is something that I have all the time.

Peace
Jeff

I'm so sorry you were abducted. That's horrible. Yeah, I'd have triggers too. Never hurts to call and ask questions. There's none on this site in North Florida even if I had money for it. Love to get death counseling but disability was denied last week. Looking for a lawyer now. Take care. Peace.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#384610 - 02/06/12 06:47 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: phoenix321]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 11:43 PM)

It will get better....

#384651 - 02/07/12 12:40 AM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: lapchinj]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: lapchinj
That's a lot of T's to go through. That's what I was scared of. You go trough weeks of therapy just to find out that the guy has no idea what's going on with CSA. I don't think I could go through that. I mean forget about the money (my T is not covered) but just mentally I couldn't take it.

What do you mean by death counseling??? The lawyer for getting back some of your money or what? I feel very luck but I know guys that live in the sticks and there's nothing at all. I don't know which is worse, your shit or theirs.

Peace
Jeff

Jeff,

I have hyperthyroid that is untreated (requires surgery to remove it) and it has caused congestive heart failure (CHF). frown It's a death sentence without insurance. It would be nice to have some face-to-face talks about it. No interest in the religious talks. Sick of hearing about how great god is. Not sure what to do. frown

Money back from therapy? Gee, I wish. It was like $30,256 total. Love to get it back. It won't happen.

Thank you so much. I'm off to bed. Tired. Talk with you tomorrow. Peace.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#384673 - 02/07/12 08:23 AM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: phoenix321]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Phoenix 321--I agree it is important to find someone who understands CSA and trauma. Inteview the therapist upfront, find out his/her experience. If you end up with someone with little understanding of CSA more damage can be done because their misconceptions will not let you heal. Too many psychiatrists and therapist try to practice outside their expertise. And many in the public believe they are qualified psychiatrists/therapist and understand what CSA and trauma is about. I am amazed how people can pretend, I call it pretend because they have no clue, as to the effects, impacts of CSA.

Do some homework up front. My T and i talked the first session to see if it was a fit, I asked questions about his background and expertise. He asked me about me, my needs and what I was looking for. We did not discuss CSA at this time, but as it evolved and we started to address CSA we had another discussion to ensure the fit was still good. I learned about his experiences in this area as well as his professional sessions with his peers. It has been an excellent fit and I understand so much more about myself.

Good luck

#384678 - 02/07/12 09:12 AM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: phoenix321]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 11:43 PM)

It will get better....

#384698 - 02/07/12 11:31 AM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: KMCINVA]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
Phoenix 321--I agree it is important to find someone who understands CSA and trauma. Inteview the therapist upfront, find out his/her experience. If you end up with someone with little understanding of CSA more damage can be done because their misconceptions will not let you heal. Too many psychiatrists and therapist try to practice outside their expertise. And many in the public believe they are qualified psychiatrists/therapist and understand what CSA and trauma is about. I am amazed how people can pretend, I call it pretend because they have no clue, as to the effects, impacts of CSA.

Do some homework up front. My T and i talked the first session to see if it was a fit, I asked questions about his background and expertise. He asked me about me, my needs and what I was looking for. We did not discuss CSA at this time, but as it evolved and we started to address CSA we had another discussion to ensure the fit was still good. I learned about his experiences in this area as well as his professional sessions with his peers. It has been an excellent fit and I understand so much more about myself.

Good luck

KMC, Thank you. What you said makes sense. No wonder I have no use for those "therapists" I had rip me off. I think most of the therapy business is just a scam as a result.

No offense at all but I have no money, no job (can't work anyway) or career, no health insurance, etc. People won't say it much: when your a unemployed white male over 40 or a unemployed white woman over 50, you're expendable. Europe calls us "America Inc." for a reason. I agree 100% with them.

#384706 - 02/07/12 12:19 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: lapchinj]
phoenix321 Offline

Jeff,

Your son is very lucky. I'm glad you found someone like that doc. I agree there are good people in this world. There are good people on MS. Didn't know you had all the family things. You're lucky too.

I tried to get into a program here and it's mostly for women and kids. Doctors will donate some time for them. Endocrinologists don't participate. The lady that runs it said they refuse to do anything (read--they make too much money to participate). Cardiologists don't either.

They are selling our non-profit hospital to another non-profit hospital so management can cash in. I know the non-profit they are selling it too. Actually, giving it away too. The bunch they are giving it too is a for-profit non-profit. It's a get rich scheme. They did patient dumping when I lived in Pensacola. Hospitals that get Medicare are supposed to treat anyone. Instead, they'd dump everyone that wouldn't pay downtown at another hospital that actually followed the law.

Florida, as a state, is one of the worst for their sick citizens. Medicaid here is a joke I can tell you. Can't qualify for it.

Florida had a program where the university hospitals could do free surgeries as a teaching tool for those in med school. The Republicans ended the program in 2011. Go figure. The doc I have said I'd be a perfect candidate for it. I go to the health department once a month. That's my care for all this stuff. He's a good guy. No real expertise in CHF though. He knows hyperthyroid because he had it.

I need a echocardiogram to see if the CHF has damaged the heart. Also need surgery to remove the thyroid. Can't even get the test. The doc tried to get it for me but was told no. Basically, if something is wrong, I go to the ER and hope I get lucky.

There was a guy last year that had several things wrong with him and he got tired of being expendable to society so he did something about it. He walked into a bank, handed the teller a note to rob it. He wanted $1. That's it. No weapons on him. He told the teller he'd go sit down and wait for the cops. They arrested him and he got all the treatment he need a week later in jail. He got 5 years in jail since he only wanted $1 and had no weapons. Sad, ain't it? Guy had to go to jail to get health care. That's America. He was in his late 50s. When he gets out of jail, he's on Medicare and Social Security since he'll be 62.

My brother is in corrections. Criminals get anything they need. Illegal aliens get anything they need. Citizens? Nope. Again, your son is extremely lucky. I can't even get an echo on my heart test let alone surgery.

#384750 - 02/07/12 03:37 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: phoenix321]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I'm so sorry for your health problems Phoenix.
I know just basic things about that issues; as I'm familiar that kind of operation shouldn't be something special or complicated, correct me if I'm wrong?
I can't believe it how health system is wrong in US. I suppose that this is not imaginable for other Europeans as well. I live in ex communist country, where living standard is not comparable to poorest US states (at least by economic numbers) and on other side our health services are granted to all of us - no matter if you are employed, rich or poor. And free operations of thyroid are included...
I'm so sorry. Is there any light on horizon? What are you planning to do? Are there some pills or other treatments that could help you?

#384782 - 02/07/12 06:59 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: peroperic2009]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: peroperic2009
I'm so sorry for your health problems Phoenix.
I know just basic things about that issues; as I'm familiar that kind of operation shouldn't be something special or complicated, correct me if I'm wrong?
I can't believe it how health system is wrong in US. I suppose that this is not imaginable for other Europeans as well. I live in ex communist country, where living standard is not comparable to poorest US states (at least by economic numbers) and on other side our health services are granted to all of us - no matter if you are employed, rich or poor. And free operations of thyroid are included...
I'm so sorry. Is there any light on horizon? What are you planning to do? Are there some pills or other treatments that could help you?

Pero, thank you. Cuba has a better health care system than America. America's health care system if for paying patients only--the rich or those with great health insurance. Unlike Canada and Europe, health care is nothing more than docs and CEOs getting rich. Republicans would rather people die (and some say that) than have universal health care. It's stupid.

No offense to fellow Americans, but America doesn't give a shit about anyone but the rich and you know it or your blind and in denial.

When you get sick in America and are unemployed or have nothing, those good christian Republicans (Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney) would rather you go die and be quiet doing it. About 75% of bankruptcies here are medical bill related.

Nope, if you have goiters, you have to have those and the thyroid removed. If you get social security disability, you have to wait for 2 years till Medicare kicks in. People die every day trying to get SS disability. Do I have hope? Nope.

#384912 - 02/08/12 01:18 PM Re: Human Touch & Recovery from CSA [Re: phoenix321]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Phoenix,
in that case I'm going to start playing some lottery and if I win all prize would go for your treatment and whatsoever. I don't know what to say, you must feeling terrible. I can't stand though that there is no some way out of that awkward situation frown...
I think that you are super human!. You deserve much much better. I hope some kind of miracle would happen soon....
Pero

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.