Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, Suwanee, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441769 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383877 - 01/30/12 06:16 PM accepting life on life's terms
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I am in the midst of a life where my connections/relationships are changing. I was in the hospital last year for 3 months. These 3 months were broken up by a stay in a treatment center and a trip that was 2,000 miles away from home.

During this time, I lost contact with friends who I have known for years. I am sure my friends were very worried and angry at me for "losing it".

After the 3rd hospitalization, I was sent to live at a care facility. For the last 4 months after the hospitalization, I have been going to the same hospital for outpatient treatment. This outpatient treatment ends this Friday as I am graduating from the program. Although I am happy to be graduating, I am anxious about the future.

During the last 4 months, I have reconnected with friends and have sunk myself experiencing life on life's terms.

In the last year I have lost my job, my car and my home. A year ago, I was in grief mode after my dad died and I had to stop contact with my mother in 2010.

A year ago, the ptsd, major depression and the mental disorder that I was experiencing were off the charts.

In all this, I have come to terms with life on life's terms. I have never been more serene in my life. I know I will have challenges in the future. I accept others love, feelings and dislike for me. I am ok with others. I am more than ok with myself. I am very fond of my Faith in God. I would not have thought this day was possible.

I have recieved wonderful gifts from others - thank you!! Gifts I would never be able to repay "monetarily". My Faith as been renewed in myself and in others. Life is wonderful!!!

Yes, my innocence was lost. Yes, my adult life has been a wreck. Yes, I have lost major things but, I have my life, the life of lots of friends, and my Faith. I believe in God.

I have tredged this life via rough waters. I know now why and I accept life on life's terms.

Peace,
Avery

Edited by Avery46 (01/30/12 06:24 PM)

#383881 - 01/30/12 06:53 PM Re: accepting life on life's terms [Re: Avery46]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
AWESOME, AVERY!!!

This is a foundational block of strength upon which to build...

I applaud, affirm, & congratulate you and rejoice with you!

Grace, Peace & Love to you,
Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#383897 - 01/30/12 10:36 PM Re: accepting life on life's terms [Re: traveler]
Avery46 Offline

I have a hard time connecting with anybody so, this newfound joy is great. I am connecting for the first time. I am 48 so, it is about time, right. Maybe it is too soon to start cheering but, I feel this need to celebrate. I know others dislike me but, I also know I am liked by others. Who am I kidding. I accept I will never know true peace. I accept my abusers got the best of me. I accept not treating myself badly anymore.

Avery

Edited by Avery46 (01/30/12 11:01 PM)

#383902 - 01/30/12 11:32 PM Re: accepting life on life's terms [Re: Avery46]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Avery,

I think you are making great progress. That's wonderful.

Puffer

#383912 - 01/31/12 01:12 AM Re: accepting life on life's terms [Re: pufferfish]
mcl1982 Offline

Loc: IL
Great post. I'm glad to hear you are doing well and have faith. God can do wonderful things as I have seen for myself the last few weeks. I've learned to accept God has a plan, although it may not be what we want, we have to trust he will do what's best if we believe in HIM! Continue to love yourself and accept who you are and you will make it.

I will pray for you and ask God to lead you where he wants you to go.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.