Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444114 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383876 - 01/30/12 06:15 PM My dog
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My dog, Riley, died today. I've had him since I was 14, around the time my abuse stopped and I fell apart. I know it sounds stupid but I would talk to him. He was a rescue and was kicked around alot kinda like me. He didn't really like most people. Most would go to him and he would just growl but with me he was just different.

I loved him and this sucks.

#383882 - 01/30/12 07:01 PM Re: My dog [Re: Riley]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
So sorry... another loss and more grief are not what you need.

May you be able to mourn cleanly and completely.

May you receive comfort, strength, and love from unexpected sources.

Respectfully,
Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#383884 - 01/30/12 07:28 PM Re: My dog [Re: Riley]
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
Hi Riley,

I fully sympathise with you. A few years ago I had to have my dog put to sleep because of severe arthritis. At the time that was probaly the only time I cried for 30+ years and it lasted for a week or more. It was the absolute very worst appointment I made with the vet and even harder to go in knowing that I would come out without my buddy. It's only now that I'm thinking of getting a dog again.

What I missed the most was getting met at the door when I'd come home from work, visiting etc. He was "supposed" to be there for his pat and scratch under the chin. I used to talk to him and as well, they are always there for you and no complaining. My doctor told me that I missed him more than I realized especially his companion-ship.

I did up a poem, if that's what it can be called and I looke4d at dog sites just to do something to remember the good times and played with his toys for a while and gradually I was able to grieve for him and just remember he was always my best friend.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

#383888 - 01/30/12 08:00 PM Re: My dog [Re: Sailor John]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ryan it does not sound stupid at all. But pal he had a great life and no doubt passed very happy.

Dogs are incredible friends. Best to ya buddy.

#383890 - 01/30/12 08:18 PM Re: My dog [Re: kb8715]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Hey brother, I am so sorry to hear this news.

I know how import they are to us and the love that they give us and how special they are. If you wanna talk send me a PM.

I would really like to hear from you man. It has been a while.

-Logan

-Blade Runner

#383893 - 01/30/12 10:22 PM Re: My dog [Re: Logan]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Sorry to hear that man. I also had a dog I grew up with and even if he couldn't speak, he was there for me
Mourn the loss of your friend. He was there for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#383894 - 01/30/12 10:26 PM Re: My dog [Re: Anthony39]
NewSummer Offline

Loc: Surrey BC
Huge hug to you. Loosing a friend is never easy..
Ian

#383896 - 01/30/12 10:32 PM Re: My dog [Re: NewSummer]
Avery46 Offline

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy too lose a friend. It sounds perfectly normal to be grieving so, it does not sound stupid.

Peace,
Avery

#383903 - 01/30/12 11:35 PM Re: My dog [Re: Riley]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry to hear about Riley.

Puffer

#383931 - 01/31/12 12:33 PM Re: My dog [Re: pufferfish]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm so sorry about Riley. The pain is especially acute when losing a pet because of the decisions we must make on their behalf - and they trust us all the way...

Society gives us little permission to grieve for our pets. But society also gave many of us little permission to come out as boy victims of sexual abuse.

So don't judge your emotional depth by what society deems appropriate - grieve fully, deeply and honestly. Grief may seem a terribly difficult thing to go through, but it is Riley's final gift to you. The deepest feelings lead us closest to our own hearts - the best place in the universe to be.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.