Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383738 - 01/28/12 07:02 PM So Long VA
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
As of April 1st 2012 l will have Medicare insurance with hospital, medical and pre>

Edited by men_of_hrts.dbw (01/28/12 07:03 PM)
"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#383740 - 01/28/12 07:27 PM Re: So Long VA [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Opps l had a glitch on this phone.
Just wanted to say l regret ever going to the VA and l hope all the low grade point average non-professionals who had a chance at helping me have a lousy early retirement.
I now live as far from society as possible in a very peaceful remote off grid community here on the Big Island Hawaii.
I have daily trauma and wicked bad PTSD, body memories associated with the torture l survived and night terrors...all basically untreated for thirty-four years.
This place l live is like every breath of air is like a big hit of peace. The visual beauty stimulates my Parasympathetic Nervous System and has a calming effect. It cures what ails me in many ways.
I have found a few other Vets living here with combat PTSD and they have helped in a lot of ways. They care about me and call if l don't touch bases with them or get bad off.
They have directed me to non-VA doctors, not mental health professionals, who understand the physical, mental and emotional syndrome of PTSD.
I have began a natural approach to mind, body and spirit rehabilitation that actually started last summer.
I feel the past has been dealt with and the present can now be focused on which will lead to future peace, understanding and comfort.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#383741 - 01/28/12 07:40 PM Re: So Long VA [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

I began researching how violent sexual assault traumatic events affect the Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS), the fight or flight mode and how to stimulate the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PSNS) regarding severe PTSD.
This information totally concides with how l knew my body/brain chemistry was affected by the terror and high level of fear my body/brain endured during the abduction/assault.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#383742 - 01/28/12 07:52 PM Re: So Long VA [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Google Sympathetic Nervous System and Parasympathetic Nervous System with key words including sexual trauma and PTSD.
I beleive the over active SNS is directly related to PTSD events and stimulating the PSNS provides relief.

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#383784 - 01/29/12 10:55 AM Re: So Long VA [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Doug,

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Only I was in the Navy at the time.
I have always found the Vet Centers to be a lot better than the main VA. They are not bound by the decisions at the hospital and they are a lot more compassionate. I would ask around about them so that way you don't have to use money you don't have.

Here's the link containing contact info: http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?ID=440

It read to me like you're mourning the loss of your career. I still mourn the loss of the Navy. Every time I see the new Senior/Chief list come out with names I know I get heartsick. Maybe life is more about how we adjust to the way things are now rather than what we miss and want back?

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#383817 - 01/30/12 12:15 AM Re: So Long VA [Re: LN3(SS)]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Guys:

I am just an air force brat, so I can't say I understand what you went through as a member of the armed forces. Just wanted to let you guys know I admire and respect you greatly for your service. I always hate to see when we, as a nation, break faith with vets.

#383853 - 01/30/12 12:45 PM Re: So Long VA [Re: Jim1104]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
This kind of thing is disgusting for me to read. You serve your country and risk your life for our freedoms and this is how they treat you.

Thank you for all your service
Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#383967 - 01/31/12 05:58 PM Re: So Long VA [Re: onlyakid]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Jason,

It is a very common thing to have happen both in the service and at VA.

I'm sure everyone in this forum that goes to VA could tell stories.

It is basically a system of use, abuse, then lose.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.