Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
8 registered (finallyhere, OCN, CafeMan, pufferfish, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444171 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383662 - 01/27/12 05:29 PM Believing in something
warbear52 Offline

Loc: Logan, UT
So, I've been jumping around the different forums and whatnot and I've just noticed alot of posts regarding progress, or lack thereof, and all that jazz. Some are sad, some are great. Whether its just seeking attention (in the unhealthy way, which i wouldn't recommend), or actually genuine, it doesn't matter.

The reply would still be the same.

I believe, from my own observations of others, and my experience, that in order to go in a direction in life, wherever we see fit, we need to have something too believe in.

No, I'm not saying we need to believe in God, organized or unorganized religion, or any of the like.

I'm saying that we, as humans, have a NEED for aspirations, inspirations, and examples. Its how we learn as children, it influences our decisions, and can lead us to great heights, or, depending on the example, bring us down to darker regions.

As we can see, throughout human history, and our own lives, belief and examples are extremely powerful forces.

If you're searching for a direction, a path, a line of thinking, or even just a new hobby, then I think that a great aid in your searching would be something to believe in.

It could be your car, your college degree, your family, your friends. It could be God, your chosen religion, your partner, or even your choice of fashion. You get the idea.
Basically, if you think it can help you, or even if you're not sure, believing in something can help you to achieve great things, and improve your perspective of life, yourself, and the people around you.

So, if you feel lost, alone, afraid, I implore you to find something, anything, that you KNOW you can put faith in. If you're not sure how to do that, or if you need help, then ask. You have tons of resources here who can relate to you, and can help you reach your desired path.

If you have already found something to believe in, then I commend you. I congratulate you on being in control of your future, your choices, and your life. Continue to be an example and make sure you hold tight to your belief anchor. Perhaps YOU are someone ELSE'S belief anchor.

Now, am I saying that you have to do this? No. You do not have to believe in something to go through life. You don't have to take the risk of opening yourself up enough to believe in something.

However, i AM saying that you will lead a more fulfilling, satisfying, and happier life, if you can find something you think is worth the trouble, and BELIEVING in it.

Nothing is ever easy. I know that this is easier said than done. But i DO believe that this is important, and good to have in our lives.
If everything good was easy, then where would the growth come from? Where would the experience come from? If it was easy, believing in something wouldn't be so effective at helping the individual that finds it.

I apologize if anything I've stated here offends, or otherwise triggers, upsets, or frustrates other members. However, I didn't post this for me. This isn't ABOUT me. Its about US. WE. This if for all my brothers out there who have gone through pain, suffering , and tragedy to become who they are today. Now I'm asking you to not become complacent, and to continue on with your journey of progress and growth.
Take it as you will, but please maintain an open mind, and open heart to words I've said here.

We are ALL capable of doing this. I KNOW we are. Humans are among the most adaptable and innovative of creatures on this planet. We are all destined for great things.

Lets try to make that a reality.

Stay True,

Warren Bailey

readytobounce.blogspot.com

#383663 - 01/27/12 05:41 PM Re: Believing in something [Re: warbear52]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: warbear52
....I'm saying that we, as humans, have a NEED for aspirations, inspirations, and examples. ...

what a thoughtful post, in my view, warren.

i believe in people, because pets and plants aren't quite the same anymore - nor are they equally as fulfilling.

i likely believe more in male survivors than i do the general population - and i can add to that group, war and holocaust survivors because in my view they are the same. curious to me though, that i find it damn near impossible to take it past an internet post.... so my inspirations (or reality) seem stuck on pets and plants.

#383689 - 01/28/12 12:34 AM Re: Believing in something [Re: westchesterguy]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

In other words, any outward focus? My life gets terribly weird sometimes when I focus too much inside me. Sort of like driving a car - you need to look down the road and focus on the other traffic and pedestrians. It generally doesn't go well if you look directly over the hood or focus on the instrument panel.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.