Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63797 Topics
445500 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#383253 - 01/23/12 05:38 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Castle]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Castle
"Joe Patererno Dies in Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing, Tomorrow"

LMAO!!

When I saw "moral" Joe Paterno got cancer I said, "Ask me in 8 years if I give a shit." haha!

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#383256 - 01/23/12 05:57 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: AndyJB2005]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I've thought that frequently, and yet, it's because he's a symbol of institutional trust, that failed. I suppose perhaps people accept the Sandusky's in our midst somehow more easily than the failure of society to remotely function.

Originally Posted By: AndyJB2005
It's so odd to me that ever since this whole thing went down, I've heard more anger towards Paterno than towards Sandusky. I think we get so wrapped up in emotions that we forget who actually did the molesting and raping. I mean maybe Paterno could've done more to report, yes, but shouldn't we be more upset at who actually did the crime? Yet I hear nothing of him -- or very little.

To me, it's all one giant band wagon. This is why I stopped following the story on sites after a few days. I've even seen people allude to others not being "real survivors" if they don't feel the same rage at Paterno as everyone else. I mean, really? Drives me crazy.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#383258 - 01/23/12 06:11 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: LandOfShadow]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sports Brings out so much emotion.

Truth is, in America (and many other places in this world) sports are worshiped and their heros are their chosen gods. Nothing, and I mean nothing, not even horribly victimized and abused innocent children are more important than sports and sports gods to the followers of said religion.

#383260 - 01/23/12 06:14 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: LandOfShadow]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I disagree. We know evil men do evil, but Paterno's claim to fame was being a good coach and emphasizing his players were good students as well as players. We find out that his assistant coach apparently didn't learn how to be a good citizen from coach Paterno, because when he saw this activity, he didn't intervene to take the child away from the abuser. We still don't know who the child is.

Then, Paterno showed no curiosity as to what had happened about the charges which at the very least, included Sandusky doing something inappropriate with a CHILD in the locker room. Any towering figure over a college such as Paterno would know if an investigation or prosecution of Sandusky was or was not happening. Yet, Paterno had no curiosity as to why nothing was happening to Sandusky. Years later, Sandusky is still walking around on campus. I mean gosh, talk about being blind.

So, yeah, we expect a monster to be a monster, and we expect a man who claims he teaches his players to be good men and members of the community, to be a good man and member of his community in things more important than a game. Plus, we expect Paterno, McCurley and the rest, to do something to prevent even MORE boys from being abused by Sandusky. They didn't.

Fortunately, the more this is out there, the more quickly the next man who becomes aware of abuse will report it. Otherwise, he might find himself out of a job.

#383278 - 01/23/12 08:55 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Still]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
The William Ayres blog has a post up reacting to Paterno's death.

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

Ho Lee Crud!!!!!!

Lol. What did I do?

#383643 - 01/27/12 02:44 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Canuck]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Originally Posted By: Canuck
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
The William Ayres blog has a post up reacting to Paterno's death.

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

Ho Lee Crud!!!!!!

Lol. What did I do?

You did nothing wrong.
There's just SO much pain wrapped-up on that site, I can't believe it.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#383657 - 01/27/12 04:53 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Still]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Quote:

You did nothing wrong.
There's just SO much pain wrapped-up on that site, I can't believe it.

Yeah. Well, we got screwed by the shrink.
We got screwed by all the local shrinks who support him.
We got screwed by all the other local shrinks who did nothing even though they knew.
We got screwed by the judges.
We got screwed by the press.
We got screwed by the County.
We got screwed by the Prosecution.

We had people whining about our criticism of the shrinks who did nothing, just like people are whining about Paterno being criticized. I'm not impressed.

Meh.

Edited by Canuck (01/27/12 08:16 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.