Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (finallyhere, 3 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445432 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383645 - 01/27/12 02:50 PM Why Yes, Rape Can Be Gendered - Against Men
James Landrith Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA, USA
Why Yes, Rape Can Be Gendered - Against Men (and by Women)

An excerpt from my latest article:

Quote:
It is far past time to stop promoting and defending statistical models that intentionally erase MILLIONS of survivors simply because they have the wrong genitalia to fit certain preconceived political arguments. Maybe before shouting "What About Teh Menz" in a mocking fit, you might want to check yourself and make sure you aren't part of the problem by promoting intentionally skewed stats that misrepresent the facts and hurt other survivors. It is one thing for a person to "speak the truth about their own experience", but quite another to misuse stats or create hierarchies of survivorhood based on gender.

http://jameslandrith.com/content/view/3850/79/

http://jameslandrith.com

#384484 - 02/05/12 08:25 PM Re: Why Yes, Rape Can Be Gendered - Against Men [Re: James Landrith]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
Thanks for posting this, it's something I've been curious about.
I think, that women being perpetrators and abusers is a huge, huge tabu in our society. And the more conservative a society is, the bigger the tabu. Why? Because women are supposed to be nurturing, caring, etc. etc.
Since I learned more about csa I never get tired to point out, that boys can get abused, too and that women can also be perpetrators.
You should see the reactions I get. People are in disbelief, denial and/or think I've lost my mind.

Now, that I know more about csa it really winds me up when males are subject to continual suspicion and women automatically get the carte blanche - just for being female.
My friend's kids for instance go to a kindergarten where a male kindergarten teacher works (and all the kids love him!). The guy is not allowed to be one-on-one with a child. Whereas when it comes to the female teachers this rule is never observed...
I get winded up even just writing it down!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.