I'm now a columnist at The Good Men Project - http://www.goodmenproject.com. I am one of a few male survivors writing for the Project. From their "About Us" page:

Quote:
ďThe Good Men Project is a glimpse of what enlightened masculinity might look like in the 21st century,Ē the press raved when we launched. Finally, ďa cerebral, new media alternativeĒ to glossy menís magazines. In fact, The Good Men Project is not so much a magazine as a social movement. We are fostering a national discussion centered around modern manhood and the question, ďWhat does it mean to be a good manĒ?

For my first two columns, I've written about being a male survivor and working as a male survivor on sexual violence issues. While not all of my columns will cover sexual violence issues, many will be focused on that topic. I would love to hear from fellow survivors in the comments on my articles. Also, if you have topics and stories you'd like to see me cover, feel free to PM me or leave it in the comments here.

My first article, "I've Got the T-Shirt..." was read and linked to by uber-blogger Andrew Sullivan. In the first week alone, that one article got over 20,000 views and was the top article that week. Clearly, there is an opportunity to make an impact in this role.

My author page is below:

http://goodmenproject.com/author/james-a-landrith/

Men as the Solution, Not the Problem:

Quote:
If youíve been around the blogosphere for longer than five minutes, you may have noticed recurring discussions on sexual violence and feminist related blogs related to the need for men to step up and take a bigger role in prevention and recovery. Iím not going to dispute that. Men do need to assume a higher profile, but as equal and respected partners, rather than out of guilt or as some form of penance for the actions of other men. That said, some people may not like the form that such involvement can take.

Iíve Got the T-Shirt and the Trauma Response to Go With It:

Quote:
As a vocal male survivor, when Iím not talking about sexual violence in writing or before audiences, Iím reading about it in many contexts and sources. A great deal of what I see on a daily basis is directed at men with the assumption that we know nothing about sexual violence or have no experiences that parallel those of female survivors.

Those making such arguments are often NOT sexual violence survivors themselves. Encountering such memes can be quite painful when you are a rape survivor yourself. The problem is not that female survivors receive the majority of the attention when sexual violence is discussed. The problem is that when sexual violence is discussed with regard to male survivors, there is often resistance, condescension, and outright mockery by people who quite often have not experienced such violence themselves. For those who have lived through abuse at the hands of women, that can be doubly wounding.

Iíve lived through sexual violence. I have my own story and my own experiences. I have my own triggers and my own issues. I donít need to be educated. I donít need to be taught what to do or not do. I donít need any proven statistical bias to legitimize my life or my experiences. I lived it.

http://jameslandrith.com