Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#385611 - 02/13/12 06:49 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: pluckmemory]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
Judge allows visits for 11 out of 14 Sandusky grandchildren

I had a very good friend who was married to a woman, and they had several girls. The girls were molested by the wife's father. It turns out that the wife was molested by the same man (her father).

My friend reported the man, against the protest of all of the wife's family, and after he was sentenced, the molester's wife (the grandmother of the molested girls) demanded that the judge allow (force) visitation of the molested grandchildren to the molester while he was in prison.

Fortunately THAT judge was not completely stupid.

Seems to be a common theme though. People just can't accept/face how horrible the damage is, and they just pretend that it doesn't exist.

Wouldn't be so bad if all of the perps and their supporters all expired due to high-velocity lead-poisoning.

Edited by Canuck (02/13/12 06:49 PM)

#385695 - 02/14/12 07:35 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: LN3(SS)]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: LN3(SS)

According to the Pennsylvania Code, Paterno did exactly what he was supposed to do. He notified the chief law enforcement officer of Penn State (i.e. the designated agent of the person in charge).

I notice that it is almost sunset here on the East Coast. I'm glad Pennsylvania honored him.

Brian

The people of Third-Riech Germany followed the laws as well. Thus, by your hand-washing positioning, the German citizenry are free of blame as well.

I don't get why anyone would seek "outs" for such a pathetic bag-o-filth.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#385732 - 02/14/12 02:23 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Still]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

LN3(SS)

Brian, Get a grip...the old SOB knew a rapist was going around raping boys and watching his fucking games from the Elite Box. Saying he went to the campus police was good enough? Anybody with half a clue knows campus police at a university are rent a cops able to write parking tickets and break up a student fight at best...although they didn't do too great a job of that recently either. Robbie Brown is quite correct is his analogy IMO. If your allegiance to Penn State or football is so strong you can't see that, then man...you got some work to do with your therapist. If you cite the Pennsylvania code as saying he did enough, then how about a human code where you don't let kids get raped...or is that not such a concern for you? Just askin' 'cause you can't have it both ways. Either you support child protection or you support Joe Paterno...those are mutually ex-fuckin'-clusive. He did the MINIMUM he had to do to protect himself. What a great man.

I see you are an adult abuse survivor, and I'm very sorry for that. But coming in and offering your opinions which are in support of a protector of a child rapist and are clearly contrary to those of us who had our lives stolen at an early age is so un-cool I can't even describe it. Are you entitled to your opinion? well yeah sure...but if you're putting it out there, then I can say it's lame. Why don't we go give some medals to those guys who didn't do anything about your rape?

Take your post to the Penn State Alumni forum...I'm sure it'd get lots of applause there.

Oh and one more thing, you said that by the time the funeral is over "Joe Pa will have received his due". Well, in my opinion JoePa will not have received his due till he gets one up the ass from Sandusky in the showers of Hell. I'm sure someone will report it in a few days. JoePathetic. Hope you like playing on his team.

#385736 - 02/14/12 02:49 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: sono]
Mulligan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I personally don't think Paterno endured quite enough humilation. If there is a hell, I hope he is there......in the shower! JoePerpterno!

#385737 - 02/14/12 03:06 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Mulligan]
pluckmemory Offline

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/139278153.html

The mother of three of Jerry Sandusky's grandchildren is vowing to fight to bar the former Penn State assistant football coach from having access to her children while he awaits trial on child sex abuse charges.

In a statement sent to reporters hours after a judge approved visits between Sandusky and his 11 other grandchildren on Monday, former daughter-in-law Jill Thomas said psychologists who had treated her 5-year-old son "could not rule out that Jerry Sandusky was grooming him for sexual abuse"

Edited by pluckmemory (02/14/12 03:06 PM)

#385744 - 02/14/12 03:54 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: pluckmemory]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I stand as always with my peeps, Sono and Mulligan.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#385764 - 02/14/12 05:43 PM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Castle]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Originally Posted By: sono
Anybody with half a clue knows campus police at a university are rent a cops able to write parking tickets and break up a student fight at best...although they didn't do too great a job of that recently either.
I disagree. The PSU Police have all the regular powers of a municipal police department in the Commonwealth. http://www.police.psu.edu/statestatutes/

If your allegiance to Penn State or football is so strong you can't see that, then man...you got some work to do with your therapist.
I don't have an allegiance to either one. Thank you for assuming that I did.

If you cite the Pennsylvania code as saying he did enough, then how about a human code where you don't let kids get raped...or is that not such a concern for you?
I would suggest that instead of focusing on some sort of altruistic "human code" we focus our efforts on getting people to follow the law. Two people are already under indictment for failing to follow the law and report this crime. The perpetrator will be tried for his actions. If we want to get mad at someone let's get mad at the people who broke the law. If we want to change the law fine. Let's not get mad at the person that followed the law as it was written.
The law is the "human code" that has been adopted by the people of Pennsylvania. Paterno followed the law. Therefore he followed the "human code" that was adopted by his state.

Why don't we go give some medals to those guys who didn't do anything about your rape?
That has already been done. My CO received a Legion of Merit for his end of tour award. He was nothing like Joe Paterno. Joe reported the crime just like he was supposed to do. He reported it to the people he was mandated to report it to. Joe DID something. My CO did not.

But coming in and offering your opinions which are in support of a protector of a child rapist and are clearly contrary to those of us who had our lives stolen at an early age is so un-cool I can't even describe it.
As another person in this thread said, Paterno did not protect Sandusky. If this was the CSA forum I would not be offering my input. This is not the CSA Forum and this topic is highly relevant to my experiences.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#385864 - 02/15/12 07:26 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: LN3(SS)]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
If I were the Captain of a vessel and one of my crew were smuggling-in a brick of cocaine, I be held criminally liable under the common-law cannon that I am responsible and accountable for all that happens on my vessel. Its why the Board of Directors threw Paterno out on his arse.

Paterno was the leader of the Penn football program. He knew wrongdoing was fully underway from the more-recent rape and older problems with Sandusky. We heard Matt Paknis, who actually worked under Paterno, that the entire house-of-Paterno was "strangely behaving" behind the scenes.

A competent Captain would purge this ship. A healthy-minded Captain would say I am not going to preside over debauchery. A Little boy being raped in the shower would clearly be enough obvious evidence to warrant a complete purging and shut-down of the program. THAT is what a good and righteous leader would do. He would exhibit CHARACTER. He would not skitter for pathetic shelters...for "I followed the letter-of-the-law" excuses.

Paterno exhibited that he had poor character. That he protected his image, his program and what really matters in State College, PA. He protected Penn Football.

Again; Letter-of-the-law apologists were as common as lice when the Third Reich fell and the allies began assigning blame to shame.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#385867 - 02/15/12 08:00 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: Still]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Robbie,

You got that right. In the Army, when a major injury occurs because of a questionable incident, the commander is fired and THEN an investigation is started. Paterno gets no sympathy from me. I think to my abuse in PA and how the Sheriff and others chose not to notice. Outside of PSU land, everybody gets it. And now the judge is insisting on a jury from State College and we see from this thread how that will turn out.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#385870 - 02/15/12 08:23 AM Re: Freaking Flag at half mast in PA.... [Re: catfish86]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
If I were the Captain of a vessel and one of my crew were smuggling-in a brick of cocaine, I be held criminally liable under the common-law cannon that I am responsible and accountable for all that happens on my vessel.
No you wouldn't. Go read Navy Times about all the drug problems the Naval Academy has had. The Supe and/or the Com haven't been thrown out on their asses because of it. There have been a bunch of ships that have had drug problems. The offender gets a BCD and the CO goes on. It's only when the problem gets too big to ignore that something happens to the Captain. Things have changed since the common-law doctrines.

A competent Captain would purge this ship. A healthy-minded Captain would say I am not going to preside over debauchery.
To continue the naval analogy what you are describing does not happen. Traumas occur on ships on a regular basis without accountability. There were roughly 19,000 of them on average across the military during FY 2010. Several captains received end of tour awards and promotions to admiral, mine included, after their command tours. If it is happening in the military with "professional" officers why should State College be any different?

Again; Letter-of-the-law apologists were as common as lice when the Third Reich fell and the allies began assigning blame to shame.
The differences between America and the Third Reich are staggering. Our political processes have not been corrupted by a single party. Our Constitution is not suspended. We certainly are not engaged in genocide or eugenics programs. That comparison is not accurate. Pennsylvania made a law about how to report child abuse inside the political process. Paterno followed it.

Originally Posted By: catfish86
And now the judge is insisting on a jury from State College and we see from this thread how that will turn out.
Not necessarily. I will gladly defend Joe Paterno until I am blue in the face. I have no sympathy for Jerry Sandusky. I doubt a lot of people will have too much sympathy for Sandusky either. He will probably go to prison for a good long time.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.