Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
8 registered (hike1972, BuffaloCO, myrlin, Obi, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447671 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#383815 - 01/30/12 12:11 AM Re: security pat-downs [Re: traveler]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Unless I'm mistaken I believe there is a rule that we're not to share links on discussion boards. But in this situation, because it would be so VERY helpful to ALL of us, perhaps the moderator could get permission for the MSNBC link to be shared about "the good that can come" of patdowns?

#383825 - 01/30/12 02:09 AM Re: security pat-downs [Re: mike13]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Mike - It's a verse from a song that means a great deal to me - by Michael Kelly Blanchard called "Be Ye Glad". Probly on Youtube too. You can find all the lyrics by seaching his name and the title of the song. I had to edit it drastically to get it under the allowed length for signature lines. First time i heard it i thought - that is mine!
Lee

Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#384106 - 02/02/12 02:09 AM Re: security pat-downs [Re: traveler]
mike13 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California USA
Thanks Lee

#384179 - 02/02/12 08:40 PM Re: security pat-downs [Re: mike13]
devon0 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Glad you brought this up. I didn't realize it but I had a problem with the TSA. It wasn't the pat-downs because I've not traveled since they started that. It was the "open your belt buckle" if they scanned it with the wand and it set it off. Being told to open my belt buckle was too much for me. I would go into an anxiety attack and that would only lead to more and closer exams leading to more tension. I had no idea it was a flashback! Duh! Of course it was. But, like I say, I don't travel now and have few plans to but next time I'll know better. Thanks for that posting!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.