Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383391 - 01/24/12 07:48 PM More Dangerous Secrets
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
This ran in my local paper on the weekend. Its about how the local canadian Catholic church allowed an american priest who they knew was under investigation and subsequently convicted of childhood sexual abuse to have refuge from prosecution.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/long+will+church+allowed+keep+dangerous+secrets/6031737/story.html

Oh ya , he is appealling. Its appalling. This is just a summary. I am sure there is more info out there. But its good to see that feet are being held to the fire.

The rocks are slowly being turned over not just moved like a shell game, light is a good thing.

Edited by 1lifenow (01/24/12 07:50 PM)

WoR Barrie 2011

#384420 - 02/05/12 03:35 AM Re: More Dangerous Secrets [Re: 1lifenow]
BeesHive Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sadly, as we're learning, it's not just the church that has it's disgusting secrets. Boy Scouts, Cadets and as I've experienced, even the Canadian Armed Forces have tried to hide the secrets of child sexual abuse.

Abused and betrayed in 1980.
The former by a babysitter, the latter by the Candian Armed Forces.
Heavily damaged BUT not destroyed.......

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.