Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443079 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383239 - 01/23/12 04:09 PM Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

To All,
I highly HIGHLY recommend to you (and your significant others and family) the new book by Chris Carlton (pseudonym "BuryingJack" on this site) entitled NICE TO MEET ME.
Chris has a talented and credible voice. He gives voice to all survivors.
I am encouraged by his book and have new resolve for my own recovery because of all that he has shared about his own.
We owe Chris a huge amount of gratitude for what he has done for himself and all of us.
I wish that Oprah could have featured this book on her show.
Even though this book is specifically about Chris's recovery, you will see yourself on every page. Order NOW from amazon (paperback), and share with the world! A GREAT job very VERY well done!

#383330 - 01/24/12 06:08 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: EvanCan]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Has anyone else read this?
I can't say enough great stuff about it.

#383334 - 01/24/12 07:58 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: EvanCan]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi EvanCan,
I've read this book recently. And I can say wow!!! When I've started reading I couldn't stop myself. I've finished it during two long days and nights.
It is great, great, great. I've felt like I was drown immediately into Chris's life/head at the time of his struggle whit therapy. What can I say, he described so realistically his experience that I've felt healing just by reading it. I'll read it again in some future, certainly!!!

#383374 - 01/24/12 05:21 PM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: peroperic2009]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree with you completely. His book has SIGNIFICANTLY aided my own recovery.
Thanks for responding.

#383406 - 01/25/12 12:37 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: EvanCan]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you guys for the support. I can't say how great that makes me feel. My best to you and your continuing recovery. Chris

#385107 - 02/10/12 12:06 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: BuryingJack]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am writing again to bring this thread back to life.
To All, I say .... truly ... you must find this book!!
Chris is uniquely gifted and talented to tell OUR stories through his own story.
I know that you find healing as you read about Chris's recovery process.
The book is available from amazon.com.
Nice to Meet Me by Chris Carlton.
Peace.

#385110 - 02/10/12 12:21 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: EvanCan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I have it in my shopping cart in Amazon.

Puffer

#385269 - 02/11/12 09:20 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: pufferfish]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just finished reading it last night and wanted to chime in that it was helpful to me as a supporter. Chris has done a great thing by throwing open the pages of his life to share with others his inspiring journey toward reclaiming himself.

#385670 - 02/14/12 01:40 AM Re: Outstanding, Great Book! Nice to Meet Me [Re: EvanCan]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Thanks for the recommendation Steve.

I like to support other survivors and learning about others in this same boat is therapeutic for me. We are not alone and need each others compassion, support and understanding.

I just got it now on my Kindle. I look forward to reading it.

Good to see you still around my friend.

take care

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.