Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383024 - 01/21/12 12:41 PM UK Help
intruthisfreedom Offline

Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if this is the wrong place confused

I have been searching for the best help in the UK for male survivors of childhood sexual abuse.

It seems to be very difficult to find the best experts. Or even anybody talking about great help they have received.

If anybody here has heard of any names at all of psychologists/therapists I would be very grateful.

Thank you T x

#383045 - 01/21/12 07:42 PM Re: UK Help [Re: intruthisfreedom]
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
Being from Canada, I don't know how your health system is set-up, but when I told my family doctor, she had me in counselling with her within the week. It turned out she had done 2 diplomas in psychology in university. She's also an excellent counsellor to boot. Maybe you could ask your GP if (s)he knows of somebody with training like this. If there is a dislike or a personal incompatability, you can always leave.

Hopefully this will be of some help to you.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

#383088 - 01/22/12 10:42 AM Re: UK Help [Re: Sailor John]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
I would Contact Steve at AMSOSA Steve is a survivor and has a group that has been running for many years, he also does one on one counselling and could also refer you to a great T.

Hope this helps you
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.