Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447637 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#383222 - 01/23/12 09:56 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: KMCINVA]
ren42 Offline

Edited by ren42 (12/29/12 06:39 AM)

#383223 - 01/23/12 09:58 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: KMCINVA]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
"Joe Patererno Dies in Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing, Tomorrow"

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#383224 - 01/23/12 10:00 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Castle]
pluckmemory Offline

The William Ayres blog has a post up reacting to Paterno's death.

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

#383226 - 01/23/12 10:17 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: pluckmemory]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
It's so odd to me that ever since this whole thing went down, I've heard more anger towards Paterno than towards Sandusky. I think we get so wrapped up in emotions that we forget who actually did the molesting and raping. I mean maybe Paterno could've done more to report, yes, but shouldn't we be more upset at who actually did the crime? Yet I hear nothing of him -- or very little.

To me, it's all one giant band wagon. This is why I stopped following the story on sites after a few days. I've even seen people allude to others not being "real survivors" if they don't feel the same rage at Paterno as everyone else. I mean, really? Drives me crazy.

#383229 - 01/23/12 11:35 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: AndyJB2005]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Go read this article too, it's VERY well written:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/22/1057341/-F**k-Joe-Paterno-(Updated)

#383230 - 01/23/12 11:49 AM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Canuck]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Well, there are courts throughout the country have and are weighing the criminal culpability and responsibility of catholic leadership for institutional cover-up and enabling.

Everything that goes on under someones command lands on the commanders lap. Just like everyone blamed Ronald Reagan for CIA arms dealing that he knew nothing about.

If you look at naval law and tradition throughout time, the commander is always responsible and accountable. Nothing went on in the house of Penn with Joe knowing it and commanding the outcome.

Sandusky will get his days in court. Paterno never will see an earth-bound court. Its only natural for survivors to waive bu-bye to an enabler and conspirator on his way to the big BBQ in the ground.

#383235 - 01/23/12 01:38 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: KMCINVA]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke (18th century philosopher)(Hear, hear!)

Paterno did nothing. He looked the other way. Guilt killed him. Glad he's gone. Rot in hell. One down, more to go.

Don't judge me for my feelings and perspective of his life and death. The mere mention of his name and the broadcast of his face on TV has triggered me endlessly. So do "the others" especially the monster himself, so there's not a drop of compassion or sympathy running through my veins only contempt and hatred, I've saved my compassion and sympathy for the victims who've come forward or hide in the dark.
I save my heart for them.

Rusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#383238 - 01/23/12 03:39 PM Legal Duty v. Moral Duty [Re: LN3(SS)]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
"If we want to be enraged at anyone let's be enraged at the Pennsylvania state legislators that put such a ridiculous standard in the law."

--LN3

We only have legislatures to protect our liberties. If each of us would do the right thing,there would be no need for legislatures. I don't rely upon a legislature to tell me to do the right thing. If you need a legislature to tell you not to drive your own car into your own tree, then the legislature will never be able to draft enough laws to suit you.

Edited by Disappointed (01/23/12 03:40 PM)

#383245 - 01/23/12 05:04 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: Castle]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Castle
"Joe Patererno Dies in Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing, Tomorrow"

That is so nice of them!

#383246 - 01/23/12 05:08 PM Re: Joe Paterno dead--CBS sports says [Re: pluckmemory]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
The William Ayres blog has a post up reacting to Paterno's death.

www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

Ho Lee Crud!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.