Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Landscape, susie, ethereo222), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#390091 - 03/21/12 05:20 PM Re: Ex gay update - Prayers and Intentions [Re: Magellan]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
I'm at a point in my recovery where I accept whatever my sexual expression is (whether it is imposed by CSA, or distorted, or my own true authentic self). Because of my sexual orientation, I've learned that it has given me the gift of recovery and insight and compassion and self acceptance.

So true! Am I gay because the floodwaters of my sexuality were diverted right out of the gate? Has that river carved its own channel, so deeply entrenched into the geography of my character that all my attempts to change its course are futile?

Then so be it! The man that distorted my sexuality has left me many years ago. I am left with what I became - with who I had to become to survive and thrive. I cannot undo what he did. But I can blossom with what he left me. When I embrace my sexuality, I am embracing ME, and saying goodbye to HIM.

The alternative is to wage war against myself - as if I was fighting him. That is a battle that I am convinced cannot be won. And by indulging in that fight, I am sure to deny myself love, peace and happiness - and am sure to keep his ghost alive within me. And if I let him, he will haunt me to my grave.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#390250 - 03/22/12 04:02 PM Re: Ex gay update - Prayers and Intentions [Re: Chase Eric]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
So beautifully stated, Eric!

D

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.