Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#391285 - 03/29/12 01:34 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: catfish86]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: catfish86
Don't forget that Paterno was fired when the Governor announced he and his appointees who have nominal seats on the PSU board but have never showed up were now coming to the meeting with axes sharpened. The governor publicly stated that he couldn't believe that the board could not make the right decisions. After Paterno announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season (read when I damn well feel like it) and the board need not concern itself with the matter.

Don't forget that PSU hired former FBI director Louis Freeh, perhaps one of the greatest cover up artists in history (who found no wrongdoing by federal law enforcement in incidents at Ruby Ridge or Waco, TX).

The more you think about the players in this drama that did nothing or worse actively squelched any real action, the more disgusting it is.
-A prosecutor elected not to prosecute despite clear evidence of criminal conduct, this same prosecutor mysteriously disappeared without a trace years later
-A group of PSU janitors were afraid to report Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy
-The PSU head football coach elected to mention to the AD and a university VP and then do absolutely no follow up on a credible report of Sandusky sodomizing a boy in HIS locker room
-A PSU vice-president in charge of campus police elected to do nothing with the report, not even bothering to find out who the boy was.
-The PSU athletic director did the same.
-The PSU President signed off on the inaction of all three

As for "scapegoat" Joe Paterno, this man was one of the most notorious micro-managers in the nation. He was known for making it his business to know everything that was going on in his program. He didn't really know what was happening and saw no need to follow up?

This is a Penn State scandal at every level and into the community surrounding Penn State.

'Nuff said.

Be wary of institutions that highlight their accomplishments to gain your favor. They only did so for their own greed, ego and to cover-up their sins.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#391343 - 03/29/12 07:57 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: JustScott]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Time for a reality check men.

A child with Cancer can't heal through chat rooms, forums, T sessions etc. Wouldn't it be nice if they could.

But each of us have the chance to heal from our injuries if we simply want to. Yes it is truly that simple. We control entirely our own recovery.

Be well.

#391369 - 03/29/12 11:17 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
true keith.

anyone with cancer, the chance for survival depends on many factors...

one of our survivor brother here on ms, his wife is terminal from cancer. been given a few months to live. he also found out, just last week, that he has a rare form of cancer and is in the process of having tests done to see if it's spread and what can be done....

now, this is the us/world news section. however, it's based on news that is about abuse and/or recovery from abuse.

the story you posted about the penn state students having a dance marathon that pulled in a LOT of money for pediatric cancer research, WHILE AWESOME!!!, does not fit the criteria for this forum...

not meaning to harp on you, or your post, keith. just that i would like to see the stories posted here from the students/administration of penn state pulling in a LOT of money to help support, and provide therapy, for those who were the victims of sandusky.

my story

my vlog

#391404 - 03/29/12 04:56 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: Obi]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yea I loose you at that point .

Have you seen boy scouts, little leaguers, altar servers, hockey players, or school kids raising funds for CSA victims? I have not.

So how is this somehow different?

I think it's up to each individual to find a way to bring good to the world and not our role to judge or define anyone's actions but our own.

You know I have not contributed a dollar to support CSA issues now that I think of it. But if you'd like to hear of the work we do in the food pantry at our Church I can bore you endlessly.

Be well.

#391405 - 03/29/12 05:08 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey guys don't be like that. It is good to do good things, I know that this issue is controversial for some but let it be...
Dear KB8715 you've donate money to support CSA by becoming member of Male Survivor wink .
For all of you, let good people/students/sportsmen and others raise money for any good causes and let abusers and their supporters get finished in place called hell...
Be Well!
Pero

#391407 - 03/29/12 05:15 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
It's the same with the boy scouts, the church and so on. This is the forum to post news that is related to abuse and recovery issues. If any of those organizations have raised money to help abuse victims then I would love to read about it.

I'm sure all of these organizations have done great things, many I have heard about. However, those stories do not fit within the guidelines of this forum.

I'm also sure that you have done many great things like the food pantry. I think that's great and would love to read about it in a pm or in chat.

I could talk about the charity work I've done for my church, homeless and the people of Joplin that lost everything from the f5 tornado. However, those stories don't meet within the guidelines of this forum.

Even though you may not have given a ton of money to abuse survivors, you have still helped by being here on ms supporting many of the guys here that need it.

my story

my vlog

#391425 - 03/29/12 07:06 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: ShortedDiode]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: ShortedDiode
Penn State's going to pay out for certain. Whether it's because they genuinely want to do something for the victims or whether it's simply hush money to make them go away or some combination of the two is up for debate, but one thing for certain is that they're going to be paying out.

I have no doubt that Penn State will be spending lots of money on this. I also don't believe for a minute that Erickson actually thinks that it's not a PSU problem. I'm guessing that right now, tons of money is being spent by their risk assessment folks coming up with failure analyses and all kinds of costly changes to management systems and policy and procedure. Even if they spend hush money and then completely ignore the REASON that they're making these changes, it's going to cost the University dearly. (And, I presume, it will cost the students as well...)

I can tell you this too: the whole sordid mess (PSU's failure to act) has made private universities (perhaps public too...) all over the country open their eyes very widely to the whole problem of people ignoring issues like this. These other institutions already know how much it has cost in terms of Reputation, Personnel, and Dollars.

I know for a fact that there is hefty money being spent on this problem by universities who were NOT involved at all. The problem has made it to the VERY TOP of institutional risk lists of some very elite universities -- meaning that a significant portion of the important risks to these institutions are NOT being addressed, in favor of diverting money and resources into developing policy, procedure, and training/action in dealing with how NOT to repeat PSU's failures.

Two takeaways:
1) No matter what PSU spins, they ARE aware that it IS a PSU problem, because all of the other institutions are crawling up their ass with microscopes, looking to learn how NOT to repeat.

2) Even if people still don't understand (or care about) the real human impact of CSA, and other similar issues, we SHOULD see a reduction in people just turning away from it, if only because it will become more clarified and urgent institutional policy.

Edited by Canuck (03/29/12 11:45 PM)

#391509 - 03/30/12 09:23 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: kb8715
Time for a reality check men.

A child with Cancer can't heal through chat rooms, forums, T sessions etc. Wouldn't it be nice if they could.

But each of us have the chance to heal from our injuries if we simply want to. Yes it is truly that simple. We control entirely our own recovery.

Be well.

Reality check back.

PTSD can progress to the point of lost brain cells - the mind protects itself, sometimes with irreparable long term loss. This isn't something you can debate unless you want to try to deny the accuracy and utility of medical imaging technology. Good luck with that.

Scarring in the colon and rectum can re tear and still bleed again decades later. I'm nearly fifty. If I had a doctors office visit every time I bled I would have bought some doctor a fancy house with a pool.

Websites help with some things.

They aren't even close to a cure all.

#391638 - 03/31/12 02:11 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: MrEdd]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
As to raising money for childhood cancer research, that is a good thing and to be left on its own.

It is true that the scandal is having an impact. Syracuse fired a basketball assistant. A spate of sexual assault allegations resulted in the firing of Montana's coach apparently for no other reason than allowing an atmosphere on his team where such things happened.

You have to take each stone and place it to build a wall then a building.

As to the original post though, yeah, it is a PSU scandal involving the entire community.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.