Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, Bluedogone, 4 invisible), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63214 Topics
442023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#382316 - 01/13/12 06:14 PM "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
This was sent to me by a friend:

PSU's Erickson thinks 'this is not a Penn State scandal.' Seriously.

Excuse me, sir.
Penn State staff were involved in it.
Penn State facilities were involved in.
Penn State's campus police walked away from investigating it on at least one occasion.
Penn State officials hardly did anything when they found out about it.
Penn State officials are facing perjury charges due to lying about it.

This IS a Penn State scandal, period. Full stop. Stop denying it.
And to everybody wailing about Paterno, enough is enough, that isn't the real issue.

#382334 - 01/13/12 10:23 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: ShortedDiode]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: ShortedDiode
This was sent to me by a friend:

PSU's Erickson thinks 'this is not a Penn State scandal.' Seriously.

Excuse me, sir.
Penn State staff were involved in it.
Penn State facilities were involved in.
Penn State's campus police walked away from investigating it on at least one occasion.
Penn State officials hardly did anything when they found out about it.
Penn State officials are facing perjury charges due to lying about it.

This IS a Penn State scandal, period. Full stop. Stop denying it.
And to everybody wailing about Paterno, enough is enough, that isn't the real issue.

Did you really think this bullshit wouldn't happen? PSU will pay the kids off and disown what happened under their noses in the name of some bullshit idea called, "healing". After all, the gov't is paying not them. They'll also cover up anything else with money payoffs or "public doesn't need to know this shit or we'd be fucked".

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#382338 - 01/14/12 12:03 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Justice and public outrage is fading away in this country. Right is wrong and wrong is right.

Know Justice!

Still's Globs

New Video

#382547 - 01/16/12 05:54 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: Still]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Don't forget that Paterno was fired when the Governor announced he and his appointees who have nominal seats on the PSU board but have never showed up were now coming to the meeting with axes sharpened. The governor publicly stated that he couldn't believe that the board could not make the right decisions. After Paterno announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season (read when I damn well feel like it) and the board need not concern itself with the matter.

Don't forget that PSU hired former FBI director Louis Freeh, perhaps one of the greatest cover up artists in history (who found no wrongdoing by federal law enforcement in incidents at Ruby Ridge or Waco, TX).

The more you think about the players in this drama that did nothing or worse actively squelched any real action, the more disgusting it is.
-A prosecutor elected not to prosecute despite clear evidence of criminal conduct, this same prosecutor mysteriously disappeared without a trace years later
-A group of PSU janitors were afraid to report Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy
-The PSU head football coach elected to mention to the AD and a university VP and then do absolutely no follow up on a credible report of Sandusky sodomizing a boy in HIS locker room
-A PSU vice-president in charge of campus police elected to do nothing with the report, not even bothering to find out who the boy was.
-The PSU athletic director did the same.
-The PSU President signed off on the inaction of all three

As for "scapegoat" Joe Paterno, this man was one of the most notorious micro-managers in the nation. He was known for making it his business to know everything that was going on in his program. He didn't really know what was happening and saw no need to follow up?

This is a Penn State scandal at every level and into the community surrounding Penn State.

Edited by catfish86 (01/16/12 06:21 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#382762 - 01/18/12 09:06 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: catfish86]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
Penn State's going to pay out for certain. Whether it's because they genuinely want to do something for the victims or whether it's simply hush money to make them go away or some combination of the two is up for debate, but one thing for certain is that they're going to be paying out.

One of my best friends, one of the only two people outside of here that I've told what happened, went to Penn State at one of the satellite campuses and he's mighty pissed off about the Sanduky mess for various reasons of his own. He particularly dislikes Spanier because of the way tuition fees skyrocketed for dubious reasons for years. Every time Penn State wanted money for something, Spanier would shake down the state government and when they refused to cough up, he retaliated by jacking fees up at rates far, far north of inflation. Now what's going to happen is Penn State's going to do their best to bury this and bury any squeaky wheels at cost-no-object. The state's already said they don't want state money used to settle this and if they stick to their guns on that, it's going to be students' tuition fees that pay the legal bills and the settlement costs. Penn State students are going to paying this one off for decades to come through their student loan payments. If the state backs down on that, at least part of the bill's going to be shifted on to the taxpayers, of which my friend is one.

My friend never attended the main campus at State College so he never got the whole happy valley Penn State indoctrination routine but it's well known down there. The closest he got apparently was in his high school's TV studio where he was running a camera when Paterno visited to recruit a football player and gave a presentation to the school while he was there. From what he's told me about it from having heard (but not experienced it) about Penn State's main campus, Catfish is 100% right. It's a downright nasty mess with a lot of very dirty hands in it in and around Penn State.

They're probably burying and paying off as much as they can before the trial starts to minimize the damage. That's what this whole thing's been since it came out, one long damage control session. Nobody seems to really care about the kids. They seem to occupy a distant #2 position behind the school and Paterno, and it infuriates me to no end.

#391158 - 03/28/12 08:19 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: ShortedDiode]
kb8715 Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://onwardstate.com/2012/02/19/thon-2012-raises-for-the-kids/

The slogan of the Penn State Dance Marathon is FTK....For The Kids.

Last month Penn State students raised a recorde setting 10.6m to fight pediatric cancer.

On campus the chant was: They say we only care about football, they say we don't care about kids....$10.6m!

#391173 - 03/28/12 11:22 AM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Look! I did a good thing!

Now all the bad things I have done and am still doing don't matter.
So I better not have any consequences.

#391204 - 03/28/12 04:20 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: MrEdd]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
When sexual abuse of boys comes up, there is often the subtle, or not, change of subject. To something easier. Again, it's adults doing what's best for themselves at the expense of boys. Let's raise money for cancer, give money to RAINN, make it about masculinity and men or money, football, Penn State's reputation, anything but helping boys and now, young men who are so often left to cope on their own.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#391207 - 03/28/12 04:30 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: kb8715]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Originally Posted By: kb8715
http://onwardstate.com/2012/02/19/thon-2012-raises-for-the-kids/

The slogan of the Penn State Dance Marathon is FTK....For The Kids.

Last month Penn State students raised a recorde setting 10.6m to fight pediatric cancer.

On campus the chant was: They say we only care about football, they say we don't care about kids....$10.6m!

keith,

i think this is great that the students raised that much money for pediatric cancer research.

the thing i find bothersome about it is that the reason penn state is in the media as much as it is, is due to sandusky and what happened there with regards to the abuse.

the students know this. so, why not have a dance marathon to raise that kind of money to give to the victims of sandusky for therapy and support?

that's the stories i would like to see, if they are truly being done there at penn state. if they aren't, then it looks like, to me, that while it's a good story and good for pediatric cancer it's like it's diverting the help and support the victims need.

my story

my vlog

#391249 - 03/28/12 09:49 PM Re: "This is not a Penn State scandal" - PSU president [Re: Obi]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
the students know this. so, why not have a dance marathon to raise that kind of money to give to the victims of sandusky for therapy and support?

I personally wondered how much money they would have actually raised if it was to help male sexual abuse victims....

I doubt they'd make anywhere near that much. People just wouldn't show up. People are happy and glad to help sick kids, but helping kids who are victims of a sick SOB.... yeah not so much.

I remember the 1st football game after the whole affair hit the news and they made a big deal about how much money they collected for RAINN (most of which would go to helping women and not men or boys) and it sounded like a lot but when you divided the amount by the number of people at the game.... it came out to less than 10 cents a person..... so consider the price of tickets, the price of food, souvenirs..... yeah they gave a whole lot alright.... right back to the same institution that allowed the rapes to go on for so long.

I call shenanigans. It's all just so much media hype and attention to try to earn back something that isn't the students to fix. It's the leaders who should be doing something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.