Newest Members
Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone, teba
12117 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
6 registered (Cam76, atari_kid86, CafeMan, Jas52, 2 invisible), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
62511 Topics
438091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#382120 - 01/11/12 06:16 PM a book that may help
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gentlemen,

I'm a former USN intel officer. I joined the military to make my dad proud. It worked a little bit, but as time went by it became clear that I was neglecting what I needed. I needed to confront my past, 7 yrs of sexual abuse as a child, while my dad was a successful navy pilot. What can you do. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD in 2010. I thought the condition was only for those who were traumatized by battle, so it was odd for me to hear, since I was no more than a pencil-pusher during Operation Enduring Freedom in sunny, comfortable Manama, Bahrain. Anyways, the reason I post is because I wrote a book recently and it includes a lot of military-related issues that I have worked through not only as a military member, but as a military brat. The book is being sold on Amazon and the rest of the e-book platforms, but if you want to borrow the book for free, please go to 1in6.org and they'll send you one. If you want to see a preview you can probably read the front part on Amazon, to see if it relates. Nice To Meet Me is the name.

V/r,

Chris

#382263 - 01/13/12 09:50 AM Re: a book that may help [Re: BuryingJack]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Ok, Chris.

It's downloading to my iphone. If only you were Air Force, I would like you better....

...Just kidding. I never joined the military, but my dad was a fighter pilot. I look forward to reading the book. Thanks.

Jim

#382264 - 01/13/12 09:50 AM Re: a book that may help [Re: Jim1104]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
P.S. Thanks for your service.

#383141 - 01/22/12 06:37 PM Re: a book that may help [Re: BuryingJack]
senbar Offline

Loc: north carolina
WoW. I am going thru the same thing. I have been in and out of counseling for the past 20 years since getting out. Finally after being jobless once again I went to the va for my diabete meds and mental health pre>

#383421 - 01/25/12 08:22 AM Re: a book that may help [Re: senbar]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just bought your book Chris. The reviews here were just too compelling.

Allan

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#386820 - 02/22/12 04:09 PM Re: a book that may help [Re: LandOfShadow]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Allan/Jim/senbar -

Thanks, and I hope that my experiences are helpful. My feeling is that there are so many military vets with CSA or other abuse in their past. Many of us joined the service partly because we were searching for our own sense of masculinity.

The book is not a military book, but it weaves its way in and out of my recovery, so at the very least I hope you can relate.

Chris

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.