Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, dan_in_newengland, Rich1967, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#382129 - 01/11/12 09:06 PM Sexual Assault at Iowa High School
lars3229 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa
Here's the story:

http://www.kcci.com/news/30173095/detail.html#.TwvDhJUpS5k.facebook

and the update with the two boys arrested:

http://www.kcci.com/news/30187841/detail.html

I am encouraging anyone I can to call/email this school's administration and tell them their failure to act is unacceptable. The parents are right: the coaches need to be gone (and never see the inside of a locker room again!) and the season needs to be ended.

The latest reports are saying that the coaches knew nothing of this and therefore have no role/responsibility in it. These coaches were entrusted with these young men and, regardless of whether they knew or not, they should have made it their business to know and they too must be held accountable.

If you are able/willing, please take a moment to express your outrage over the administration's lack of action on this matter by contacting Superintendent Dr. Casey Berlau (info below). Even leaving messages supporting this student and his parents will help.

Nodaway Valley School
Greenfield, IA
Supt. Dr. Casey Berlau
phone: 641-743-6127
email: cberlau@nodawayvalley.org

PLEASE NOTE: If you do call, whether you speak to the superintendent or just leave a message, please be polite and respectful when voicing your concern. As someone reminded me, if we are to have our voice heard, we will want to use a tone that doesn't resemble a stick of dynamite.
Thank you.

like dust,
I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou

"I quite often remember to forget these sorts of things."
-Winnie the Pooh, The Tigger Movie

#382133 - 01/11/12 09:26 PM Re: Sexual Assault at Iowa High School [Re: lars3229]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I emailed him. Thank you for letting us know about it.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.