Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Jude, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38195 - 01/30/03 10:26 PM Re: my life
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Thanks for having the courage to start this post, One Day At A Time, and thanks to all of you men for the experience, strength & hope you share here. This is an important thread, basic to us as male survivors.

In my childhood and adolescence, men were in & out of my life rather quickly & briefly, more out than in. When they were there, they were neglectful or overtly abusive, sometimes sexually. All of the dominant adults in my life were domineering, controlling women, almost always abusive, usually sexually.

Thus, even tho I was surrogate husband to my mother and surrogate father to my brother, I had mostly bad models for manhood, and women who for the most part hated men.

Yep, this has made being a man very difficult. I mean, what is "a man" anyway? Especially when you toss the deliberately warped portrayals by much of the media into the mixed up mix. (Speaking of which, men, you might want to check out my post, "Are You A Mook?," in the Films forum.)

Well, at least I've gotten a pretty good idea of what a man isn't.

Now if I can figure out what it is.

And even more, live whatever that means for me!

One thing I know men, you--we--are all men in the truest sense of the word! We are male survivors!

Victor

#38196 - 01/31/03 05:27 PM Re: my life
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
A class in cut and paste and a lot of others things would be great. I marvel at the way guys have various lines and bolding and hyperlinks etcetc. It is all Greek to me.

Bob :p

#38197 - 02/01/03 05:09 PM Re: my life
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
one day at a time
Quote:
im just getting into therapy now, but I just feel that its never going to be ok. God help me . Or at least someone.
You are helping yourself, by being MAN enought to know you need help and asking for it. You are now driving down the road to recovery, welcome to the world of real men who are survivors. God will help guide your journey,but you must be in control of it. Each week in therapy you will deal with the issues of your past,which will make you stronger. Hang in there,it will get better. Muldoon

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.