Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, woodenshoes, don64, Casey_SC), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63651 Topics
444532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#382323 - 01/13/12 08:19 PM Re: Its Here [Re: phoenix321]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Where can I find this online, Robbie?

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#382325 - 01/13/12 08:51 PM Re: Its Here [Re: Magellan]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#382341 - 01/14/12 12:15 AM Re: Its Here [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Robbie,

What kind of feedback did you get? Hope the feedback was, "we need this sort of thing in our church" or "we didn't understand, now we do so how can we provide support to members that may have this? or something similar.

I agree fellow survivors need to champion the ideas but it is a really tough thing to do. The national and even local spotlight is a lot to put on people. You are way braver than me.

The mega church (that I loved) never said a word, yet the head pastor officially knew of the segment.

The smaller home-town church never said a word, yet all the people who were told stories of the divorce were advised of the segment.

The little grass-roots up-start gathering never said a word.

Its New England...people are like that here. Its OK. There's nothing they can do for me. I just want to work on prevention in everyone's future.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#382361 - 01/14/12 04:56 AM Re: Its Here [Re: Still]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Robbie

I applaud you for all that you are doing in this fight against the "dirty secret"
Keep fighting brother, and I give you my prayers and support from little ole Johannesburg South Africa.

I hope that one day our respective battles will allow us to meet and share war stories.

Keep Fighting man
Martin

#382369 - 01/14/12 11:58 AM Re: Its Here [Re: whome]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Robbie

Thank you--you stand for so many--your outspoken and commitment to help us is outstanding. It is getting the word out--the more attention people pay to CSA the greater the possibilities the public will understand and help the victims and stop the perps.

I truly wish I had your courage to fight in the public like you. Thanks again

#382370 - 01/14/12 01:08 PM Re: Its Here [Re: KMCINVA]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
... your courage to fight in the public ...

Thank you, but its not courage. Its rage against the machine....rage against the willfully ignorant and trying to bring license to others to seek help in God and hopefully take the example and disclose. It was a blind leap at best.

If you can see it in the segment, I'm totally numbed-out during any footage that you see. My emo-self was sent-off to play golf or something for the day. I had a few emo-breaks during the day, but with only 5 minutes to use in the end product, there's no use for that.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#382373 - 01/14/12 01:44 PM Re: Its Here [Re: Still]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
... your courage to fight in the public ...

Thank you, but its not courage. Its rage against the machine....rage against the willfully ignorant and trying to bring license to others to seek help in God and hopefully take the example and disclose. It was a blind leap at best.

If you can see it in the segment, I'm totally numbed-out during any footage that you see. My emo-self was sent-off to play golf or something for the day. I had a few emo-breaks during the day, but with only 5 minutes to use in the end product, there's no use for that.

Robbie,

I get what you mean. Rage against the machine is what people should be doing against our ineffective and status quo institutions that serve only the institution, or worse, the appearance of the institution. For me, we need to see the destruction of many institutions and the rise of new ones that actually do what they say they believe in.

A real good example: The Crystal Cathedral went belly up but the Spanish part of it is growing by leaps and bounds because it's new leader is serving the interests of the people going.

Look at business examples: a company that doesn't serve the interests of its consumers doesn't stick around long and a new company that does supplants it causing a violent death. Sears is finding out its brand name is useless because customer service is non-existant.

Even sovereign countries fall prey to becoming institutions and are swallowed up or destroyed by the new kids on the block.

It seems the religious institutions resist change more violently than any other (like governments) sticking around longer than its usefulness and serves only those in-charge or the largest donors or tradition (that most could care less about). Gimmicks to stick around become commonplace. The only place the RC is growing is in undeveloped countries. The big protestant versions are stagnant or look more like corporations than churches serving only what's convenient and expeditious.

The churches that are institutions don't do one huge thing they need to do: take risks and meet new needs and damn the status quo. IMHO, they are far more interesting in politics and jesus can make you rich than in the mission they forgot. That's the protestant bunch. The RC bunch has a new ad campaign begging people to return since they cleaned up the mess and need paying customers back in the seats.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#382374 - 01/14/12 01:52 PM Re: Its Here [Re: nltsaved]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Thank you nltsaved,

I watched it. I took it with a grain of salt. The heavy handed "Jesus is the savior!" made me a little uncomfortable. I came from a fundamentalist christian background, and all I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a part of that anymore.

I've found far more compassion and love and humility outside of the christian faith, than in it. That is my own personal experience.

I'm learning to not judge those who choose to follow the faith, its a hard route, but I'm working on it. I just ask those that still believe to not judge me because I don't believe their particular path to love, compassion, and humility.

Robbie - I think it did take guts and courage for you to get on camera. I am a freelance producer, and I know how hectic these experiences can be, working with directors, producers, and then having your words edited out and your story truncated. It can be exasperating and frustrating. The process is bizarre, to say the least. I hope that the 700 club was faithful to your intent in the end.

Glad you are speaking your truth to your congregation. The world needs more people like you. Thank you for your service.

Humbly,

D

Originally Posted By: nltsaved

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#382383 - 01/14/12 04:20 PM Re: Its Here [Re: Magellan]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Originally Posted By: Magellan
Thank you nltsaved,

I watched it. I took it with a grain of salt. The heavy handed "Jesus is the savior!" made me a little uncomfortable. I came from a fundamentalist christian background, and all I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a part of that anymore.

I've found far more compassion and love and humility outside of the christian faith, than in it. That is my own personal experience.

I'm learning to not judge those who choose to follow the faith, its a hard route, but I'm working on it. I just ask those that still believe to not judge me because I don't believe their particular path to love, compassion, and humility.

Robbie - I think it did take guts and courage for you to get on camera. I am a freelance producer, and I know how hectic these experiences can be, working with directors, producers, and then having your words edited out and your story truncated. It can be exasperating and frustrating. The process is bizarre, to say the least. I hope that the 700 club was faithful to your intent in the end.

Glad you are speaking your truth to your congregation. The world needs more people like you. Thank you for your service.

Humbly,

D

Originally Posted By: nltsaved

No prob man i respect everyone's belief . Really if i truly believe in what i believe than i must not judge anyone because who am i to judge . I also think that the religious part of Christianity has done so much damage that i could not blame anyone at all for not wanting anything to do with it . And if people would realize that if they believe in God and want to serve God why would they force their beliefs on anyone because if we say we love God he gives us a choice for those of us that do believe than why would we not give others this basic right also.

I am learning more and more what not to do because the things that we say just because we believe can cause so much more damage than good . I have learned a lot of that coming here and learning so so much about where people are in their life and all of us are on a path that no one has the right try to dictate with what they believe.
I am glad you posted because it just further gives me insight to yet another persons view and why they believe what they believe . It helps me be a better person because i get a peek into someones life it helps me to be able to have more compassion and a greater understanding why people believe what they believe and how so much is really validated by things that they have experienced.

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#382385 - 01/14/12 05:27 PM Re: Its Here [Re: Magellan]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Magellan

Me too! But that's not a tall order in the slightest. The betrayals are astounding, the lacking support is devastatingly dissapointing and the heart-felt supports can be counted using less than one fist-full-o-fingers...a LOT less.

Once again Magellan, just to be clear; I have NO faith in people ever, never-ever, never! Not even God's fan-club. (especially not God's fan-club according to my experiences)...Only faith in God will ever prove worthy.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.