Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441398 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#381575 - 01/05/12 07:21 PM ped park bans
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
hi all. smile

this was curious to me today. i posted a comment in favor of a ped ban in parks in mission viejo, ca., the town of my own rapist decades ago. nonetheless, i have to say i'm not pleased at those claiming the ban is unfair. big thumbs up for those against it in the comment section. are bans perfect? no, i clearly say that too, but why isn't the main focus to protect our boys at all costs? i do wish folks here would consider weighing in. it is hard fighting the good fight alone sometimes. smile especially when the discussion turns to how wrong i am for supporting such a ban.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/law-334071-offenders-sex.html

#381589 - 01/05/12 09:48 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: westchesterguy]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
The problem with residency restrictions or other bans is that most of the abusers know their victims. How many victims are abused outside of their own homes or the abusers home?

Since the majority of abusers have not been caught/identified, you are focusing on just the KNOWN offenders, not the majority of those who have not been convicted in the courts.

Unfortunately, this is another example of focusing on the "caught" when we should be concentrating on PREVENTION in the first place.

#381623 - 01/06/12 01:32 AM Re: ped park bans [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Nothing wrong with trimming out the obvious infection. A convicted habitual pedo was re-offending in my little one-horse town. So please, the "caught" DO in fact re-offend.

Society would be brain-rotten to neglect to mention to registered sex offenders that they will see prison if they hang at a park. What does it cost us to create such a law? Maybe 1-cent worth of ink in the law books?

The citizenry who resists such measures are pedo sympathizers and enablers. No grown-man NEEDS to be at a park, surrounded by plant-cover, if he's a convicted S.O.

Prevention can include making the results of offending SO hideous and burdensome that the non-offending pedo will reconsider his future endeavors. The sweet part about convicted and registered S.O.s in violation, is that proof required to sentence is generally very well defined and quickly employed to slam bars! OH SO SWEET!!!!

Said resistance bothers me to NO END. I truly don't understand any resistance at all.

Still's Globs

New Video

#381638 - 01/06/12 06:38 AM Re: ped park bans [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Ken Singer, LCSW
....Unfortunately, this is another example of focusing on the "caught" when we should be concentrating on PREVENTION in the first place.

no argument there ken. i see the ban this way: a pedophile remains a stranger until he becomes your friend... in a park....in church, school, boy scouts, etc.

as for known peds on the registry at least a ban could prevent them from filming kids playing in that park. that action, from my own unscientific research, is the new an improved way for these guys to share their fantasies without being caught.

#381648 - 01/06/12 09:51 AM Re: ped park bans [Re: westchesterguy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Question though: What does it cost law-makers and society to pass such obvious laws?

And:

Question: As a law-maker, what would you tell the parents of a raped child in the Emergency Room when they learn that the baby-rapist was a convicted sex offender and was allowed in that park?

If we are not willing to deal with the known offender's metriculation within free society, we need to consider permanent-captive programs in an even stronger manner. That, or offender-termination for aggravated child sexual assault.

Life without enjoyment of a playground...life without lurking where children play, ought not even be in question in a sane society without perverted agenda.

Big disapointment to find any such coddling and care for offenders here though.

Still's Globs

New Video

#381672 - 01/06/12 02:40 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: Still]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
...Life without enjoyment of a playground...life without lurking where children play, ought not even be in question in a sane society without perverted agenda.....

i agree robbie.

no idea what it costs or how its enforced. logically, if someone on the registry is caught in the park, he faces a number of legal problems. which, those opposing the ban claim hurts non-offenders on the registry unfairly. or, as they argue, because a registered non-offender can't enter the park with his kids.

this ban concept has been sweeping across the towns of so.cal in the past year. not sure how it started and not sure if its happening in other states.

#381676 - 01/06/12 04:10 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: westchesterguy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm not sure either, but given the horrid example we just had here in Mayberry, I'm gonna be shoving legislative drafts down my House Rep's neck ASAP. Cuz the career pedo we just busted was employed by our Board of Selectmen to do repairs at the recreation center where children play and boy/girl scouts assemble regularly.

We have had some really BAD cases here in So NH lately. Time to strike while the irony's hot.

I wonder if I can get them to throw a three-timer's penalty in it. That would be freakin saweeeeeeeet!

Still's Globs

New Video

#381678 - 01/06/12 04:25 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: Still]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Interesting editorial from the Newark Star-Ledger, the most influential newspaper in the state.

N.J. bill restricting where sex offenders live wouldn't help kids
Published: Thursday, January 05, 2012, 6:02 AM
Star-Ledger Editorial Board By Star-Ledger Editorial Board

The basic premise is inarguable: Who doesn’t want to protect children from sex offenders? Yet in the name of doing so, lawmakers have proposed feel-good legislation that’s more likely to do the exact opposite.

This bill, expected to be heard in the Assembly today, would allow municipalities to forbid sex offenders from living within 500 feet of a school, playground or day care center. Its sponsors, including Assemblywoman Pamela Lampitt (D-Camden), insist it will help sex offenders avoid temptation. As she puts it, “If you’re going on a diet, you wouldn’t want to see chocolate in front of you all the time.”

But would moving somebody 500 feet away from a supermarket make them any less obese? Not likely.

Think about the practical impact of the bill. Right now, nearly half of all sex offenders are concentrated in cities, where there is a school, playground or day care center on nearly every corner. So the effect of this bill would be to uproot massive numbers of sex offenders, forcing them to move to the suburbs, or go into hiding.

Their relationships with parole officers, family members and any other support network would be disrupted. And experts say that would make them even more dangerous. That’s why victim advocates, such as the National Alliance To End Sexual Violence, oppose residency restrictions.

In Iowa, since the state imposed residency restriction laws in 2005, the number of sex offenders who are unaccounted for has doubled. “We’re lucky if we know where 50 to 55 percent of them are now,” said Don Zeller, sheriff of Linn County.

In Miami, a homeless tent city under a bridge overflowed after the city enacted restrictive residency laws for sex offenders. That is no way to improve public safety.

Nobody wants their kid anywhere near a sex offender, of course. But the vast majority of sex offenders were not strangers; they chose victims they already knew. To protect kids, we have to watch them, educate them and communicate with them.

Tightening the circle around sex offenders gives us the illusion of safety. But in reality, it would leave our children less safe.

#381682 - 01/06/12 04:42 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I fully understand what you are saying here Ken, but I think we are dealing with two breeds of snake. One offends covertly in the isolation and secrecy of the child's world, home, school, camp...And the other breed strikes by surprise at the ankles of the unfortunate little wanderer.

What I don't see is any legitimate and palpable negative side to the laws or muni-codes. I don't understand how it can "leave our children less safe."

Still's Globs

New Video

#381683 - 01/06/12 04:53 PM Re: ped park bans [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

You Too Can Propose Legislation

Letter to my state Rep.

Rep Charron,

I'd like to propose and discuss live at some point soon potential legislation in Criminal Justice modelled after many others around the country already drafted.

Background: I am an activist in Child Right, Child Protection and Child Sexual Assault cases. Recently in NH, and unfortunately Chester we have seen some outrageous criminal incidents of convicted child sex offenders enjoying continued access and proximity to child-active areas.

Proposed Legislation Intent: Outlaw and criminalize any and all presence of a registered sex offender on, in or reasonably near "parks" ("parks" to be defined as per NH use)

Though legislation in California is enacted on a municipal level, New Hampshire Statutes and case-law is better positioned for state-wide application.

I'm attaching a link to an article of a case within Chester where a habitual and life-long convicted child sex offender had clearly dangerous access to children via "park" presence and contracting activity. I'd like to speak to you live as soon as possible. Maybe we can grab breakfast at The Post once the primaries are over. If I see you at town hall on the 10th, I'll stop to talk then.

News Article of Offender in park

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.