Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444522 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#381435 - 01/04/12 02:50 PM Problem Solved
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
This fine woman was armed and thus, her problem was solved. Rather than sit on the phone with the 911 operator and wait to die with her infant son, this very young mother had the frikin brilliant sense to NOT be a victim to bad people.

Intruders began beating on the door. She called 911...door breaks in...BANG...problem solved. THAT option will not be available to us for much longer. The UK laws do not even allow you to use physical force to defend yourself...and that is the direction we are heading in.

Armed Mommy
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1362453282001/mother-shoots-kills-intruder-in-oklahoma

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#381436 - 01/04/12 03:08 PM Re: Problem Solved [Re: Still]
George E. Offline

Loc: Kent, Washington
Ok for this case, but do you want any wacko to be able to put a gun to your temple? Regulations are needed, indeed.

#381440 - 01/04/12 04:25 PM Re: Problem Solved [Re: George E.]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Some quotes from the 18 year old mom:

"I walked over and got the 12 gauge, went in the bedroom and got the pistol, put the bottle in his mouth then I called 911,"

She was on the phone with a dispatcher for MORE THAN TWENTY MINUTES: Ive got two guns in my hand is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door? Im here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?

The woman was home alone because her husband had died of cancer on Christmas day. She killed the first intruder as he ran at her with a hunting knife. The second intruder fled.

What amazing strength.

Our State and Federal agencies are less and less able or willing to truly defend the innocent these days. Let's just hope that there are more and more people like this who have the courage to step up to the plate.

#381441 - 01/04/12 04:44 PM Re: Problem Solved [Re: Canuck]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Canuck
Some quotes from the 18 year old mom:

"I walked over and got the 12 gauge, went in the bedroom and got the pistol, put the bottle in his mouth then I called 911,"

She was on the phone with a dispatcher for MORE THAN TWENTY MINUTES: Ive got two guns in my hand is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door? Im here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?

The woman was home alone because her husband had died of cancer on Christmas day. She killed the first intruder as he ran at her with a hunting knife. The second intruder fled.

What amazing strength.

Our State and Federal agencies are less and less able or willing to truly defend the innocent these days. Let's just hope that there are more and more people like this who have the courage to step up to the plate.

Yes, WOW!

Puffer

#381444 - 01/04/12 05:07 PM Re: Problem Solved [Re: pufferfish]
just me Offline

What took the police so long???

Edited by just me (01/05/12 11:02 AM)

#381468 - 01/05/12 12:55 AM Re: Problem Solved [Re: just me]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Poor woman has had one BAD couple of months. SO SO SO sad. I'm glad she survived and is doing O.K. I hope people rise-up and help her get stuff in the house fixed and cleaned.

She seems like a very bright and responsible young lady. Please pray for her.

True Grit!!!!

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#381471 - 01/05/12 01:35 AM Re: Problem Solved [Re: George E.]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: George E.
Ok for this case, but do you want any wacko to be able to put a gun to your temple? Regulations are needed, indeed.

What has changed in this nation that even requires such a thought? I would not want to live in a place that will never afford me or my kids self protection...states like MA, NY, NJ, MI, just to name a few near me. You can choose to defend yourself, or chose to be at the mercy of the bad-guys who don't follow any laws to begin with.

I never ever ever want to ever shoot anyone for ANY reason. This girl will forever be traumatized by the shooting, but she'll accept that fore her infant son. The true horror would be to not have any options but to die or beg for your life.

I swore at age 8 that I would NEVER beg again. I was not able to keep that commitment as I had no options until I was much older.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.