Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, BraveFalcon, Banjo596, Damian1974, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63592 Topics
444243 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#380877 - 12/27/11 11:59 PM OMG!!! What a memory
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I was talking to a good frnd tonight about the days of beach-clubs and such. The summer of 69 (I was 8 and 9 yo) was B A D. but my entire life, I was HIGHLY attuned to music. It was soul-food for me. Soul-food that was badly needed and leaned-upon greatly to keep me sane.

I L O V E D Junior Walker as a kid. Listening to this one brings me right back to the Yachtclub I grew up in. I cried tonight when I cowboyed-up enough to listen for the first time in 40 years. God how I love it so:

TESTIFY Junior!!!!!!! TESTIFY!!!!!!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#380978 - 12/29/11 02:00 PM Re: OMG!!! What a memory [Re: Still]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Rob, I am the same way. My Family always said that I had "great musical Ear"
When I was a kid I could repeat a song and sound that I heard on the radio and such, and hum the entire thing. I also had near perfect Pitch. Now my voice is no longer there as much, but in my head i still can replicate the sound that I have heard.

If it were not for music, I would not have made it this far.

I like how you put it, "soul food." Thats a great way to explain it! It's as if music has the power to harbor and help change emotions as if it is emotionally charged in some way. At least that's the way that I feel and think about it.

TC Man!
Logan

Edited by Logan (12/29/11 02:02 PM)
-Blade Runner

#381040 - 12/30/11 01:40 PM Re: OMG!!! What a memory [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Logan
Rob, I am the same way. My Family always said that I had "great musical Ear"
When I was a kid I could repeat a song and sound that I heard on the radio and such, and hum the entire thing. I also had near perfect Pitch. Now my voice is no longer there as much, but in my head i still can replicate the sound that I have heard.

If it were not for music, I would not have made it this far.

I like how you put it, "soul food." Thats a great way to explain it! It's as if music has the power to harbor and help change emotions as if it is emotionally charged in some way. At least that's the way that I feel and think about it.

TC Man!
Logan

Music has been meaningful and healing for me also. I have had dissociative disorder. So something in my brain other than the usual "me" hears music and memorizes it. I think that it's memorized in the original key and that when I'm singing it back to myself it's in the original key with all the instrumentation. I got onto classical music fairly early and I would creep into my sister's room when she wasn't around and listen to her records of Beethoven and Tchaikovsky.

Puffer

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.