Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, BraveFalcon, Scott1962), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64155 Topics
447649 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#381098 - 12/31/11 06:45 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I have nothing against god or jesus or vishnu or buddha, etc. But, organized religion in my case just didn't give a shit. If they can't make it into a crusade so they can get donations or converts leading to donations, they want nothing to do with it. Sadly, that's what I see, and believe to be true. I was burned by organized religion not god or jesus so I have no use for that den of vipers and pharisees. No offense to anyone since I put my money where my mouth is regarding freedom of speech and freedom of religion (both are connected) and have no problem with people believing and saying what the want.

I'm also not sure about most of the bible (or the others) either. How much of it is just bigotry and control? Since man always goes overboard with religious doctrine from a simple statement, most of the bible could've just been what the ones in control of the sacred texts and visions and revelations wanted it to be--adding god demands to get their control. If you look at it like it's just a book, we know a "version" was from the 10th century. Catholics controlled it, of course. How do we know that 99% of it isn't self-serving to the institution and has nothing to do with god? We really don't. They didn't find the new testament in the dead sea scrolls either, if, of course, that's something true as well.

I really have doubts about the 700 club due to Pat Robertson running for president and launching a university (a really lowly rated one at that) and the other politics and "morality" fervor he's into. Add Huckabee into that mix. Add the rest that wove politics into their churches too. I remember one church who had more Bush portraits than anything else. Jesus says vote this way, for this person, for this ideal GOD HATH SAID! I say, bullshit!

Humans are a superstitious lot to be blunt. We don't understand some people or want to understand some people so we make it wrong cause god said so because some man said god told him to tell us. I look at how I once was with religion--mentally ill, confused, hurt and it really didn't help except when I kicked it the hell out. I started healing when I simply said, god exists, have no clue what he wants but to talk with him, and the rest is wrong if it hurts people. My faith and beliefs are no longer for sale to be brutal.

Hope you are putting yourself out there for them to make a noble cause out of it like you desire it to be. Hope the pharisees see it and change how they see CSA and abuse. But, seeing what I've seen in catholic and protestant churches over my life, I wouldn't count on it myself. I wish you godspeed and luck in this endeavor. I know the god we believe in (or not) understands CSA, but just don't believe man ever will.

The stat that always hits me true is--men in churches are 76% more likely to beat their wives or kids. Makes me feel good I kicked organized religion out of my life since my sperm donor was one of those assholes in that stat. Peace.

Edited by phoenix321 (12/31/11 06:49 AM)
Edit Reason: add and typo

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#381099 - 12/31/11 07:01 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Thebo]
phoenix321 Offline

Originally Posted By: Thebo
I have no problem with Christ.

I hate Christianity.

Damn, EXACTAMUNDO!!! 100% with ya!

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#381113 - 12/31/11 10:44 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Hope you are putting yourself out there for them to make a noble cause out of it like you desire it to be. Hope the pharisees see it and change how they see CSA and abuse. But, seeing what I've seen in catholic and protestant churches over my life, I wouldn't count on it myself. I wish you godspeed and luck in this endeavor. I know the god we believe in (or not) understands CSA, but just don't believe man ever will.

Phoenix, I'm so sorry you were so badly burned by "religions." As I made clear earlier, I'm in and of the same view...that religions cause pain and do damage to PEOPLE. Look at you. They drove you away to even doubting the bible.

This is because PEOPLE run religions, not God...NEVER God. God does not command that we dress-up, arrive all at the same time, listen to the same dude every Sunday, gather on Sunday, fight human sexual urges that are non-injurious, withold information for the benefit of the "church," confess our sins to another human who is ordained a "better-that-human," who is beyond reproach, who is ruled by a hirarchy of leadership, who make up their own controlling rules for ignorant masses...

I thought I had hit God's power-line when I discovered non-denominational, stand-alone, grass roots, in-formal gathering of his people. In fact, I had. But in those days, I was about 2-days off of being abused and sexually addicted.

Later, I joined similar grass roots churches that had buildings. Whit buildings come leaders and money requirements to pay for the building and snow-plow and pave and buy hymnals. With requirements of money and subsequent spending of money comes human nature again. People wanting to control the purchases cuz their cousin needs the plowing work. They want to hire the kid fresh-out of siminary that they sponsored to be the youth minister. With a youth minister, they need us to get everyone's kids in order and here ON TIME...and so it goes.

All "churches" I have found however (except for His gathering children) all default to picking and choosing their charities, their cause du-jur, and "acceptbale ailments" for members.

Being a CSA survivor is simply NOT acceptable to anyone I've met in churches or religion.

Rest assured however, that The 700 Club does not leverage these segments for money. When someone calls in from India asking for help and prayer cuz they too are CSA survivors, they will NOT be hit-up for $$. But yeah, they need money to operate TV transmission in EVERY country on earth. THAT costs bucket-loads of cash. But they use fund-raising for that, not "You can help boys like Rob by sending in $50 per month."

As for Regent's University...I don't see any problem with that. What's the big deal with someone starting a university. I use to sell market research and best-methods reports to ALL universities and I found Liberty and Regents to be among THE most ethical and safe on the planet. Its the Penn States of the world that deserve the scorn and investigation for their abuse of people and public funds...where date-rape and alcohol abuse is the order of the day.

I hope you get to see the segment with no pre-cast filters. Just know, you'll see child actors representing me and horrible things done to me. No church nor religion had anythhing to do with that. You'll see the adult me in enough pain to be hospitalized twice in a locked-ward and completely rejected by local, grass-roots, organic, blue-jean, all-accepting, God's peeps. You'll see a devastated boy at 14, save by Jesus only because he asked to be saved. You'll see a man who again trusted people because they fill a certain building on Sundays and then was rejected and burned badly by those same people. You'll see a guy just trying to lessen this global insanity and devastating cruelty and soul-murdering.

Again though, the 700 was the ONLY Christian entity to even consider talking to me about CSA. Not only did they TALK to me about it, but they spent TONS of time, TONS and TONS of money and effort creating a global segment to help survivors and straighten-out the nermals.

"In what countries will it air?...Answer: ALL OF THEM"

The ONLY one who will never deny us nor turn away from us is God.

Thank you for your post Phoenix. I'm glad you stated your case too.

#381117 - 12/31/11 01:40 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
franky Offline

Loc: Texas
You dont know when it will air?

#381128 - 12/31/11 04:19 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: franky]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

January 10 is the planned date. Of course, current events can cause topical shifts....so don't cause any current events...K?

#381130 - 12/31/11 04:30 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Robbie,

I am so proud that you got a spot on the 700 club. It is you and you Rock for doing this.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

I walked away from the church years ago but, what is to say I have to stay away. Hmmmm...

Peace,
Avery

#381148 - 12/31/11 08:52 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
phoenix321 Offline

Robbie, Hope the 700 club story helps people. You are to be commended for taking the risk. You rock, dude. I couldn't do that. I respect all views, religious or atheist. I have no problem with god. Just have a problem with organized religion. Thanks for understanding. You don't have to be sorry for my experiences. I wised up and got out of religion.

Your experiences sound just like mine to be honest. "Being a CSA survivor is simply NOT acceptable to anyone I've met in churches or religion" is telling. Having a mental illness isn't tolerated much either I found in protestant small and large churches. Catholics were so-so with it preferring to send you to shrinks. I found it hit and miss in catholic churches by the clergy. Got kicked out of a tv ministry over it and I was better than he was at producing the service. He lost his producer status within a month of me leaving. The Monsignor figured out what happened and cleaned house. Got jaded on catholic because of the rampant sex abuse and didn't want to pay for all of it.

I have reservations about all the televangelists. Men fail but they need to clean up the prosperity gospel (heresy to some) and end bashing everyone and everything they don't understand and refuse to understand. And, get out of politics and trust their converts will make the right choices on their own.

Know a few people over the years, well, met them, that went to Regents. They basically told me the accepted anyone that could pay the expensive tab. One I know went bankrupt and the master's degree didn't get him in the door of his education.

It's also the worst law school in the USA according to the reports back in 2004 or 2008. In 2011, it was rated the worst of all Tier 4 law school.

Basically, the Bush admin. hired 150 regents law school grads, who promptly ignored civil rights laws and were low-rated lawyers in academics to begin with compared to Obama's hires. Just because the put god and leadership for god as their focus, doesn't mean they can ignore academics. It's a private school but just don't think fed loans/grants should support it if they are teaching their view of god first and academics 2nd. If they want to believe that way, fine. Just don't ask taxpayers like me to help pay for it.

I personally, at the colleges I went to, never saw any faculty hate of Christians in academics. No giving them less grades if they were. You knew the material or you didn't. Robertson preaches that to fill the school bashing the "liberal agenda."
Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_University

Joke: What if we are all wrong and the Hari Krishnas got it right? Haha!

Peace.

#381149 - 12/31/11 10:43 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: phoenix321]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you phoenix. This means a lot to me.

Have a happy new year dude.

#381152 - 12/31/11 11:38 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
George E. Offline

Loc: Kent, Washington
I won't watch, because I can't patronize anything that has to do with Pat Robertson. He is one of the worst homophobes, gay-haters there is.

#381153 - 01/01/12 12:00 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: George E.]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I sure understand your sentiments there GE. I've found more categorical-hate on-tap against survivors than democrats in Massachusetts. Categorical hate sucks. Its totally-human (I did not mean in-human) and fully ignorant. I mean, so many of the nermals think I must BE gay or have overcome being gay after surviving CSA. I love saying to them; "...and if I am?" It IS interesting that Pat's people NEVER asked...not once. They never even came close to asking. Hmmm.

Though, I DO categorically hate pedophiles, drug dealers, terrorists, office abusers, anti-semites, corrupt people, rapists, lazy cops, child-beaters and bad waiters.

We ALL have the right to hate. I'll say it again; "We ALL have the right to hate." I just wish I had first-amendment rights on college campuses, but I don't. Cuz Penn Snake would have a new bull-horn nut-case on the quad.

Affect change dude...everywhere you can. Sorry you won't watch, but that's fully accepted here and without guilt imposed.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.