Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447637 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#381007 - 12/30/11 12:13 AM A word about the 700 Club
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I'm posting in General MS Discussion as I see this as less of a spirituality and religion topic, and more about us getting the world awake and aware of us as deserving and real people.

Some here have been burned by their "religion," and understanably put-off the way only a survivor can be. I just want to offer the following, not in a mode of religion, but in a what the intent of the segment truly is.

I accepted and did the 700 Club segment so that the "religious" in this WORLD will see that we have nothing to be ashamed of and that itís not our fault...and that God does not blame us. I've been shunned by one church and shamefully shown the door by another for even ASKING for help. All that I thought was a certainty and true about my fellow Christians is not true at all. And the only certainty I found was deliberately cruel treatment by humans...and that God did not let me down.

I asked one mega-church for the SAME help they offer to women, after discovering that ALL the men in the Men's Substance Abuse group were abused as children either physically or sexually. When I pointed it out and asked to build a men's group, the church leaders flipped the fk out on me!

Look at me. I'm clearly not perfect nor a "Godly" survivor. But two things have to get out to the world before I die:

1) We happen - we are here and we are not at fault.
2) We are here - we deserve to stand and be recognized by our societies because God does not blame us...so who are YOU to shun us!?! I'm offering you MY ugly truth before I go.

PLEASE guys! This segment is meant more as a bull-horn for US than a stage-call for survivor's to be saved. I am no martyr and never wanted to be, but I threw my naked and bleeding 8-yo body onto the street for all the self-righteous to see...and for the "Religious" to drop ANY repulsion and pre-judgment of us because God does not treat us differently...THEY DO!!!

I hope and pray those of you who have been hurt by "religion," will at least see how the topic is treated. Bear in mind, The 700 Club was and IS the ONLY Christian entity that was even willing to poke at this topic with a stick. Not only did they "accept us," they embraced us guys...without a question! For that, I'm eternally grateful, and hope you'll watch and spread the word about the segment.

I'll get a call-in count about a week after the air-date. They are expecting it to be off-the-charts.

#381020 - 12/30/11 03:40 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
YOU. FUCKING. ROCK.

(and yes, I realize how inappropriate saying this to you might be, but, well - You inspire me.)

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I'm posting in General MS Discussion as I see this as less of a spirituality and religion topic, and more about us getting the world awake and aware of us as deserving and real people.

Some here have been burned by their "religion," and understanably put-off the way only a survivor can be. I just want to offer the following, not in a mode of religion, but in a what the intent of the segment truly is.

I accepted and did the 700 Club segment may see so that the "religious" in this WORLD will see that we have nothing to be ashamed of and that itís not our fault...and that God does not blame us. I've been shunned by one church and shamefully shown the door by another for even ASKING for help. All that I thought was a certainty and true about my fellow Christians is not true at all. And the only certainty I found was deliberately cruel treatment by humans...and that God did not let me down.

I asked one mega-church for the SAME help they offer to women, after discovering that ALL the men in the Men's Substance Abuse group were abused as children either physically or sexually. When I pointed it out and asked to build a men's group, the church leaders flipped the fk out on me!

Look at me. I'm clearly not perfect nor a "Godly" survivor. But two things have to get out to the world before I die:

1) We happen - we are here and we are not at fault.
2) We are here - we deserve to stand and be recognized by our societies because God does not blame us...so who are YOU to shun us!?! I'm offering you MY ugly truth before I go.

PLEASE guys! This segment is meant more as a bull-horn for US than a stage-call for survivor's to be saved. I am no martyr and never wanted to be, but I threw my naked and bleeding 8-yo body onto the street for all the self-righteous to see...and for the "Religious" to drop ANY repulsion and pre-judgment of us because God does not treat us differently...THEY DO!!!

I hope and pray those of you who have been hurt by "religion," will at least see how the topic is treated. Bear in mind, The 700 Club was and IS the ONLY Christian entity that was even willing to poke at this topic with a stick. Not only did they "accept us," they embraced us guys...without a question! For that, I'm eternally grateful, and hope you'll watch and spread the word about the segment.

I'll get a call-in count about a week after the air-date. They are expecting it to be off-the-charts.

#381043 - 12/30/11 02:05 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Magellan]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Magellan,

LOL...it took me SO LONG to read as far at the "ROCK." I was SO scared for .0004528 of a second.

#381046 - 12/30/11 03:21 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
lol smile

#381049 - 12/30/11 04:15 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Magellan]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Rob,
I'd like to say how great I think it is that you are doing this, this will I'm sure help alot of other people in our situation. I'm pretty sure I could never do this, hell when I was given the opportunity to do an ANONYMOUS news article, I chickened out. The world needs more people like you Rob.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#381051 - 12/30/11 05:24 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: onlyakid]
Tyler845 Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
(((((((((((((ROBBIE))))))))))))))

Over-Ride Emotional Conflict With Rational Truths

You Are Freer Than You Think - Paul Berteaux

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

#381052 - 12/30/11 05:45 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Still]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
I have no problem with Christ.

I hate Christianity.

#381053 - 12/30/11 06:06 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Thebo]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Robbie:

Way to go. You did a great thing for us all.

Jim

#381055 - 12/30/11 06:55 PM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Jim1104]
Andre808 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Break a leg! Congrats on having the courage to speak out for us survivors.

#381097 - 12/31/11 04:15 AM Re: A word about the 700 Club [Re: Thebo]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Thebo
I have no problem with Christ.

I hate Christianity.

Thebo,

I can't come up with one word to alter your view. That's just sad and wrong. I think Jesus will say to many, "you gathered in fellowship in my name and then went-on to fail my very commands." I work to not be included in that chastisement.

I wrote to the pastor at the mega-church to just advise him of the 700-Club segment, figuring he ought to know a member of the church will be appearing on the show and please pray for me as this scares and panics me greatly. He never wrote-back. Its been over two weeks. What is THAT? I'm not asking rhetorically. I'm truly asking; "What is that???"

I'll postulate: Its behavior NO BETTER and NO DIFFERENT than that of the adults and society who ignored us as children being abused.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.