Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#380934 - 12/28/11 08:16 PM One small step for a man
eyesforward Offline

Loc: Ontario
... one giant leap for healing.

His suffering and emotional pain have been really intense lately. All he wants is for the pain to end; in these times, the only way out he sees is death.

After a heated discussion, he acknowledged that a tiny corner of his heart and mind want to heal. So much of what he's feeling and thinking is CSA caused. I read him a list of common symptoms and issues experienced by men who have lived through childhood sexual abuse; he nodded to many of them.

I handed him Ken Singer's book, Evicting the Perpetrator, suggesting he might find it helpful. He read a few pages and found several things he could relate to.

One step at a time. Each one is a victory.

#380937 - 12/28/11 09:43 PM Re: One small step for a man [Re: eyesforward]
Gretta Offline

Take it! Happy he's reading. There are so many good resources. I have a Mini library in the bathroom. He spends alot of time there, he's a Captive audience:)

#380940 - 12/28/11 10:06 PM Re: One small step for a man [Re: eyesforward]
OurLastChance Offline

Loc: USA
I praise you for the victories, even if just one at a time. It's more than you had the day before, and as each day progresses I hope you will come to find the man he was meant to be.

#380949 - 12/29/11 01:53 AM Re: One small step for a man [Re: OurLastChance]
ALIVE 3n1 Offline

Loc: Throne Room of God
Normal is what you know. Change is frightening because you don't know where you are going to land or if someone is going to catch you.

We have carried the burden for so long we are afraid we will be lost without it. At the same time it is so heavy we want to get rid of it anyway we can.

He sees the hope in his heart. He is afraid it will disappear if he touches it.

Fight the good fight. There is no tomorrow, it is right here, right now.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.