Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (don64, dan_in_newengland, finallyhere, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444178 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#380912 - 12/28/11 02:57 PM I must be getting well
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi All

I remember starting on this site in May this year, a broken and hurt man, having just watched the 200 men on Ohpra. The bravest 200 men I have ever encountered.
Over the ensuing months, I had times where I thought I would die, times when I thought my Wife of 20 years had had enough, and would throw me out.
There where times where I thought I would never heal.
There where times when I thought I knew it all, and times where I was reminded that I did not know anything.

But the one thing that remained constant, was my desire each and every morning to beat this demon.
Today I spend less and less time on MS, I read less posts, I ignore the really negative posts, and am interested only in the positive.

I think that this is progress. Previously I read posts on forgiveness, and thought they were mad, today I encourage it. One of my favourite saying is someone's signature and its " Bitterness is a poison pill I swallow to make the other person disappear" I love saying, it has taught me a lot.

So today, as I go on a short holiday, I pray for all on MS that they awake each morning with the desire to heal, the desire to let go of the hurts of the past, and the desire to look forward to a great future and a new you.

There is greatness in each and everyone of us, let us all seize this fact and change the world.

Heal well all
Martin
HAPPY 2012 %#@*>^$%><&$!@#~`*

#380927 - 12/28/11 07:04 PM Re: I must be getting well [Re: whome]
Incognito Offline

Congrats on the improvements in your life!

#380933 - 12/28/11 08:15 PM Re: I must be getting well [Re: Incognito]
RollerCoaster Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I am no one to judge as I am a total rookie, but the tone of your email certainly looks upbeat and positive. Thats definitely a sign of healing and I love the oozing confidence in your post. Great going bro, you are my hero ! Keep nailing this demon, until its last breath ;-) ... Have a great vacation.

#380942 - 12/28/11 10:57 PM Re: I must be getting well [Re: RollerCoaster]
ACLover94 Offline

Loc: EAST COAST USA
Martin, ive been here with you, about the same time...And I am so proud to hear you speak like this, brave and fierce...keep it up my brother...I too have to say that I am feeling pretty darn good lately...I have before, but not as good as this and I will rememeber your words...they will give me the extra strength to put this bullshit to rest!

Either way...I'm determined...with a capital 'D"

Peace and love
Happy New Year!

George

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.