Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, tbkkfile, susie), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63354 Topics
442999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 45 of 45 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45
Topic Options
#401648 - 06/25/12 09:38 AM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

For those who have noticed that I haven't been posting these since June 7th....

I was taking a break from the site as I already had WAY too much stress and anxiety and with certain trials hitting front page and other things coming up, I needed to protect myself as to not go utterly into overload and meltdown.

It worked wonderfully.

Perhaps some may say too wonderfully if that's possible. :-)

Anyway, for those who read these and want to keep up with them, I get them from: http://www.nacronline.com/nacr-daily-meditation

So you're welcome to sign up there or just go there each day.

Edited by JustScott (06/25/12 09:39 AM)

#401656 - 06/25/12 10:16 AM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Scott - i did notice and wondered...

i am happy you were taking care of yourself.

glad you're back!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#401658 - 06/25/12 10:22 AM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I'm glad that Scott is back too!
Scott we've missed you here I just want you know that smile

#441018 - 07/16/13 05:03 AM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
these daily meditations are deeply appreciated.
they take me to places i don't normally get to.
i come here for a fresh look at an old problem.

thanks for the continued effort.

please keep it coming.

War
Love
Poetry

#468062 - 07/27/14 02:29 PM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

thoughts for today...

Give us this day our daily bread.

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

- from MATTHEW 6

War
Love
Poetry

#468621 - 08/07/14 02:30 AM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

have not seen anything from you lately, JustScott.
i miss your posts.

in your absence, and in your honour,
i humbly share this wonderful daily meditation on time and patience.

You would measure time the measureless and the immeasurable.
You would adjust your conduct and even direct the course of your spirit according to hours and seasons.
Of time you would make a stream upon whose bank you would sit and watch its flowing.

Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness,
And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.
And that that which sings and contemplates in you is still dwelling within the bounds of that first moment which scattered the stars into space.
Who among you does not feel that his power to love is boundless?
And yet who does not feel that very love, though boundless,
encompassed within the centre of his being,
and moving not from love thought to love thought,
nor from love deeds to other love deeds?
And is not time even as love is, undivided and spaceless?

But if in your thought you must measure time into seasons, let each season encircle all the other seasons,
And let today embrace the past with remembrance and the future with longing.

Kahlil Gibran "On Time"

War
Love
Poetry

#468644 - 08/07/14 01:25 PM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

my meditation for the day…

the river of time

Siddhartha thought about his situation. Thinking was hard on him, he did not really feel like it, but he forced himself.

Now, he thought, since all these most easily perishing things have slipped from me again, now I'm standing here under the sun again just as I have been standing here a little child, nothing is mine, I have no abilities, there is nothing I could bring about, I have learned nothing. How wondrous is this! Now, that I'm no longer young, that my hair is already half gray, that my strength is fading, now I'm starting again at the beginning and as a child! Again, he had to smile. Yes, his fate had been strange! Things were going downhill with him, and now he was again facing the world void and naked and stupid. But he could not feed sad about this, no, he even felt a great urge to laugh, to laugh about himself, to laugh about this strange, foolish world.

"Things are going downhill with you!" he said to himself, and laughed about it, and as he was saying it, he happened to glance at the river, and he also saw the river going downhill, always moving on downhill, and singing and being happy through it all. He liked this well, kindly he smiled at the river. Was this not the river in which he had intended to drown himself, in past times, a hundred years ago, or had he dreamed this?

Wonderfully, he felt joy rolling like waves in his chest.

"It is good," he thought, "to get a taste of everything for oneself, which one needs to know. That lust for the world and riches do not belong to the good things, I have already learned as a child. I have known it for a long time, but I have experienced only now. And now I know it, don't just know it in my memory, but in my eyes, in my heart, in my stomach. Good for me, to know this!"

For a long time, he pondered his transformation, listened to the bird, as it sang for joy. Had not this bird died in him, had he not felt its death? No, something else from within him had died, something which already for a long time had yearned to die. Was it not this what he used to intend to kill in his ardent years as a penitent? Was this not his self, his small, frightened, and proud self, he had wrestled with for so many years, which had defeated him again and again, which was back again after every killing, prohibited joy, felt fear? Was it not this, which today had finally come to its death, here in the forest, by this lovely river? Was it not due to this death, that he was now like a child, so full of trust, so without fear, so full of joy?

He had died, a new Siddhartha had woken up from the sleep. He would also grow old, he would also eventually have to die, mortal was Siddhartha, mortal was every physical form. But today he was young, was a child, the new Siddhartha, and was full of joy.

He thought these thoughts, listened with a smile to his stomach, listened gratefully to a buzzing bee. Cheerfully, he looked into the rushing river, never before he had like a water so well as this one, never before he had perceived the voice and the parable of the moving water thus strongly and beautifully. It seemed to him, as if the river had something special to tell him, something he did not know yet, which was still awaiting him. In this river, Siddhartha had intended to drown himself, in it the old, tired, desperate Siddhartha had drowned today. But the new Siddhartha felt a deep love for this rushing water, and decided for himself, not to leave it very soon.

an excerpt condensed from Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.

War
Love
Poetry

#468681 - 08/08/14 02:37 PM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm around. I check things here off and on. Life is just a struggle presently and I don't have the energy to really do much other than the necessary.

Even took quite a bit to post a reply here.

Definitely a big depression has a hold of me and realistically I don't see it going anywhere any time soon.

#468683 - 08/08/14 03:33 PM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

good to hear from you.
hope you like what i posted.
i come here all the time for uplift.

War
Love
Poetry

#468685 - 08/08/14 03:38 PM Re: Daily Meditation [Re: JustScott]
victor-victim Offline

my bump of the day.

i was reading your post and it reminded me of The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares. Matthew 13:24-30
Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

while we were sleeping the enemy sowed bad seeds in our field.
we must nurture and cultivate the good seeds and we will reap the good fruits at harvest time.

feed the seed, with daily bread, the body of christ, the word of god.

Originally Posted By: JustScott
The Lord Jesus on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. "
1 Corinthians 11:24

People in the recovery process are people with painful memories. We remember our losses. We remember our sins. We remember the sins which have been committed against us. It is part of the hard work of recovery to face these memories, to grieve them and to come to terms with them. But sometimes the painful memories become so powerful that it seems like nothing will be able to compete with them for our attention. The memory of pain consumes us. In times like this we need a powerful new memory that can challenge the dominance of our painful memories.

Jesus invites us to receive a new and startling memory. "Remember me," Jesus says, "Eat the bread and drink the wine and remember that I gave my life for you. I gave my life because I love you. Take this new memory. Allow it to shape the way you think about yourself and about life and about me. Allow yourself to remember me."

It is not that the memory of Jesus' sacrificial love erases all of our painful memories. Painful memories still have to be faced and grieved if healing is to come. But God offers us in Jesus a memory powerful enough to compete with the most powerful of painful memories. The death-grip which painful memories have on our attention can be broken by the powerful memory of God's love.

this made me cry.
it is very appropriate for me at this time.
hope you start to feel better soon.
you have helped me feel better.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 45 of 45 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.