Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#380536 - 12/23/11 09:17 PM Short Note
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Aprox two years ago I came to MS not knowing or being close to any survivors. Not really even understanding that there were others “like me” to bond with. At that time I met and bonded with some wonderful men one of which was - Ischyros. Yesterday, he officiated at my father’s funeral something I’m sure neither of us would have imagined our love and trust of each other would grow to such heights. Just wanted to share.

Edited by earlybird (12/23/11 09:17 PM)

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

#380538 - 12/23/11 09:53 PM Re: Short Note [Re: earlybird]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
My my sincere condolence to you for your loss. That is wonderful you had support there and that you have found some support here , for me this place has been a blessing also. I am happy for you that you had someone there for you that understands more than most .

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#380539 - 12/23/11 10:31 PM Re: Short Note [Re: nltsaved]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
That's amazing to hear bro ...Ischyros is a good guy. I'm glad he could be there for you smile

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#380571 - 12/24/11 08:27 AM Re: Short Note [Re: Darkheart]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Good to read your post-I am glad you had some great support yesterday-and for the past (almost) two years!

Be good to yourself this month, ok?

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#380734 - 12/26/11 03:14 PM Re: Short Note [Re: Mountainous Buck]
Ischyros Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Earlybird,

I find myself struggling for words to express how much this thread - and our friendship - mean to me.

You and I connected profoundly in your first weeks - and in my first few days - here on ms.org. You, along with Bobcat and a few other guys, were my lifeline in those days. I will never forget my first months here, spending hours a day reading posts, often shaking and crying in front of my computer, facing unbearable truths, telling unbearable secrets, and waiting, waiting for the blinky flag at the top of the screen that meant a PM from you. We told each other the unbearable secrets, in gruesome detail. We waited in mortal fear for the day when the blinky flag wouldn't come, for the day when the truth we told was too much for the other to bear, for the day when we would find ourselves alone again with our pain and our shame - and that day never came. We each amazed the other by not freaking out, by not turning away, by turning each other's unbearable secrets into the treasures of friendship.

We've journeyed together ever since, online, in person, at WoR, in your home state and mine. We've come a long way in our recovery, and while we both know it's still a hard road, there has been dramatic change and healing for both of us in two years, and it never would have happened for me without your phenomenal courage and honesty and compassion.

We often chuckle at how unlikely our relationship is - me, a gay single Christian CSA guy living in a huge city, and you, a straight married atheist ASA guy living in a small town a thousand miles away. But that only deepens my sense of the extraordinary (I won't use the word "miraculous" grin) power of our friendship, and my gratitude for the astonishing gift you've been to me in the last two years. You are a profoundly loving and deeply healing presence in my life, EB, and I'm forever grateful.

Love to you my brother!

I want to live in the world
Not inside my head
I want to live in the world
I want to stand and be counted
With the hopeful and the willing
With the open and the strong...

--Jackson Browne, "Alive In the World"

#382069 - 01/11/12 08:19 AM Re: Short Note [Re: Ischyros]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Earlybird,

I'm sorry to hear about your father. frown

Your brothership with me has helped me tremendously. You were my first MS brother. You gave me courage to attend the Sequoia WoR (if you hadn't gone, I probably would have chickened out). You have talked me through difficult times. Meeting you was great!

I just want you to know that I'm still your loving brother, buddy. I always will be. You can still contact me anytime; I'd love to hear from you.

My whisper might have faded somewhat, but it's still there, bro.

Your loving brother, as always,

Bobcat

#390684 - 03/25/12 01:02 PM Re: Short Note [Re: TheBobcatAgain]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I am saddened to hear of your father's passing, Earlybird. His' was the gift not many survivors can relate to, and you have expressed such appreciation for your father. I am glad that Ischyros was able to be apart of that transition for you, fellow survivor.

Something good comes from such terrific loss, we must be ready to look for it, to accept it and to commit to that goodness. My deepest condolences Earlybird, and my sincere appreciation for the camaraderie reported on here,
Sam

#390726 - 03/25/12 07:41 PM Re: Short Note [Re: SamV]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am sorry to hear of your loss, Earlybird, but grateful you found such a good friend in Iscrhyos.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.