Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (genedebs, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441816 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 16 of 39 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#331245 - 05/20/10 10:18 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pufferfish]
pluckmemory Offline

Thanks, Pufferfish. There was a news story that came out about pedophile doctors that talks about Ayres, which came out when the forum was shut down.

This is from the Delaware Journal News: "Pedophile Doctors Not New, Not Rare:

It also talks about pediatrician Mel Levine, who is also the subject of a thread here:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100502/NEWS01/5020364/Pedophile-doctors-not-new-not-rare

#331269 - 05/20/10 12:01 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory

Some of the victims's lives have gotten worse ... Does anyone know if this is common ?

That happened in my life. And yes I would assume it is common. The abuse seems to set in motion a bunch of ongoing processes which make life increasingly difficult for the abused kid. Here are some of these that come to mind.

1. Family difficulties. The kid now has anger issues which cannot be handled on his own. He often becomes angry with family members. This leads to a degradation of family relationships.

2. Social difficulties. The kid no longer relates to other kids. This seems especially true if the abuse involved other children. So the kid becomes increasingly isolated. He can no longer make and keep friends. So he becomes increasingly alone and hurting.

3. Acting out difficulties. This fits with the preceding points. The kid may act out what was done to him on other children. Or the child may have increased sex play with kids who might be friends. This spreads the problems to other children and contributes to the isolation of the abused kid.

4. There may be actual physical difficulties. The kid may develop digestive problems, like IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). He may start bed wetting, resulting in increased problems within his family. He may have increased allergies. Headaches might become common.

5. Problems in school. The kid may develop ADHD, or dyslexia or some other reading or learning problem. In a normal family (whatever that is) they would be able to help him with these problems, but now they are preoccupied and absorbed with maintaining some semblance of order in their family structure. The same goes on in school. The teachers become so busy and committed to their routine that they have no time to help a single hurting kid.

6. The kid within himself is possibly fighting all kinds of depression and anxiety and the imposed negative self-image from the abuse. Now he has increasingly less resources to help him with these problems. He can't even reach out for help.

So the effect is a spiralling downward kind of thing. Each negative effect is feeding upon the other. Things become worse and worse. This has become a feedback loop.

I have "been there, done that".

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#332271 - 05/27/10 05:09 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pufferfish]
pluckmemory Offline

There's a very interesting and lively thread over at www.websleuths.com about the Ayres case. There is some concern among members there about Ayres' daughter.

Here's a second thread that just went up:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105573

#332273 - 05/27/10 05:22 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
kidneythis Offline

On the life having gotten worse front I can attest to my own life being a nightmare and getting progressively worse.

Nothing is untinged by it. Everything is covered in a black greasy foul smelling evil no matter how nice it is that evil which was done me is present mocking me waiting for its next chance to bring me down into hell again.
I'm tired and weak today.

Edited by kidneythis (05/27/10 05:22 PM)

#332641 - 05/31/10 10:15 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: kidneythis]
pluckmemory Offline

I just stumbled upon this profile of the Judge who presided over the first Ayres criminal trial:http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

This sentence leaped out at me:

In his opening remarks, Weinberg insisted there was no improper touching, only routine physicals administered by a pediatrician who later became a child psychiatrist and advocated for open and honest sex education.

Hmm.. Ayres was NEVER a pediatrician, not in Connecticut or Boston or California. He had only one year in pediatrics in his first year of his Yale residency. Then he switched to adult psychiatry. In Boston, he worked for four years as a child psychiatrist.

Unfortunately, the prosecution in the first criminal trial never thought to check out Ayres' training at Yale and at Judge Baker in Boston. Let's hope they do so this time.

There's a longer discussion on this point over at Websleuths:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105573

Edited by pluckmemory (05/31/10 10:17 AM)

#332697 - 06/01/10 11:23 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

Next hearing in the Ayres case is June 10. His lawyer has asked for mental competency tests. Everyone knows he's fine, and that this is just one more delay tactic.

#332916 - 06/04/10 11:41 AM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

This is being reported over at Websleuths: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105573

Marta Diaz, the juvenile judge and longtime supporter of Ayres - who sent hundreds of boys to him - and who according to the San Mateo District Attorney's office, tried to get the San Mateo police to stop investigating Ayres for child molestation -has just been transferred out of the juvenile courts.

"Shakeup at Juvenile Court - Judge Reassigned"
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/articl...e%20reassigned

San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe has been telling Bay Area reporters since 2005 that Diaz tried to interfere when the San Mateo police started to investigate Ayres in 2002. Although he didn't want to be quoted, and the information was off the record, Wagstaffe told a reporter named Jason Dearen for the San Mateo County Times that when the police started to investigate Ayres, Diaz said "Don't investigate." Wagstaffe told the reporter, "There was a power struggle between Diaz and her camp, and the DA, who wanted to prosecute."

Two other former juvenile judges who sent boys to Ayres - Margaret Kemp and Pat Bresee have apologized to reporters and quoted as saying that they feel guilt for unknowingly sending boys to Ayres.

Not Diaz. Instead, here's what she told reporter John Roemer for the San Francisco legal paper, the Daily Journal:

Not everyone is a fan. Diaz is among a number of county officials who have come under fire recently for referring juveniles to a child psychiatrist who was later charged with molesting three young male patients. Dr. William Ayres is set to stand trial later this year. Local government watchdog Michael G. Stogner, of Belmont, has insisted that
county officials, including Diaz, continued sending patients to Ayres, despite knowing
about the accusations. New York-based journalist and victimsí advocate, Victoria
Balfour, has accused Diaz of protecting Ayres.
Diaz shrugged off the attacks. "Stogner and Balfour have this little jihad against me," she said. "I donít care. I know itís all bull****. All will come out."

Incidentally, for those unjudicious comments in the press, Diaz was disciplined by the California Commission on Judicial Performance in 2009.

Edited by pluckmemory (06/04/10 11:43 AM)

#332920 - 06/04/10 12:34 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

I just realized this - over 100,000 views of this story! Can't figure out why so many people are reading this. I do hope that some of Ayres' survivors are among the readers, however.

#332925 - 06/04/10 04:13 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: pluckmemory]
kidneythis Offline

It's your sticktoitiveness on the subject and the clear passion and interest you have in making everyone aware of this mans swath of destruction through humanity.

#333085 - 06/06/10 12:42 PM Re: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Pati [Re: JustScott]
pluckmemory Offline

The wife of one of Ayres' former partners recently sent me a news clipping from 1970 about a forum that was held at the Peninsula YMCA in San Mateo called "Child and Parent Problems."

Five child psychiatrists, among them William H. Ayres - spoke about the different aspect of child rearing. Indeed, Ayres, who is listed as being a member of the Peninsula YMCA's Board of Managers was also the "moderator and master of ceremonies for the Y sponsored program," according to the article.

It goes on to say, " On May 18, Dr. William H. Ayres will speak on 'Sexual Problems of Children and Adolescents.' Parental influence, sexual experiences and the emergence of normal or deviant sexual development will be discussed."

Experts in pedophilia say that pedophiles start molesting boys early - usually sometime in their early teens.

I wonder at what age Ayres realized that he was a sexual deviant himself?

Edited by pluckmemory (06/06/10 12:43 PM)

Page 16 of 39 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.