Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (ethereo222, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#380430 - 12/22/11 03:10 PM "Normals"
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Admittingly I am in a real pissy mood today.

I cant get past the use of "normals" as if to say I'm abnormal.

WTF is Normal besides a setting on the washing machine?

I refuse to do this in PM, and can understand a non-response and not looking for a fight here, but I really feel it does us as survivors a disservice to imply we are abnormal and that people not effected by CSA/SA are the normal people and shouldnt be damamged by being married to us...WOW, it just stupifies me actually.

Keep doing and saying whats best for you, speaking your truth, but this really bothers me.

Im not normal or abnormal..Im me based on all the experiences of my life, good and bad.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#380432 - 12/22/11 03:21 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Castle]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I use the term when I'm in a pissy mood...usually about injustice, attacks from people because of my CSA status, etc. I use it in a lazy way of saying "all those people who were not CSAed and don't "get" us or really care to "get" us.

I do in fact feel greatly segregated or marginalized by full intent of society. Thus, society, the aggregate, gets labeled as "Normals."

I appologize for the job I've done on your blood-pressure. I'll actually try to stop the use of it all together, cuz it does not read the way its meant.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#380435 - 12/22/11 03:32 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Castle]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Castle
....Im not normal or abnormal..Im me based on all the experiences of my life, good and bad....

Castle,

I really like what you said in the above statement. I have not used the terms normal or abnormal per say. Hmmm....something to think about.

Peace,
Avery

#380436 - 12/22/11 03:32 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Still]
Anthony39 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
The term actually doesn't bother me. I like to be out of the norm. I hear the word normal and i have this image of a herd of cattle chewing their cud and marching to the slaughter house.
If any word should define people and in our case abuse survivors, I like the term real.
You have the guys who live in the real world and those that cannot or will not because of their hangups or beliefs (whatever doesn't deconstruct their image).

So I am totally abnormal and real.

It's lonely at the top guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

#380440 - 12/22/11 03:52 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Anthony39]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The term "normal" came up in court several times...usually with a "not" or "just not" in front of it. I laughed openly every time they did it. Course, I was truly in a very pissy mood then. When they got to reading from the good-book of little Robbies horrors...well, that's when you heard "that's just not normal."

It was not a normal laugh though. It was sarcastic and kind of nasty/angry/ragefull. It scared the 80-year-old bailiff who was ready to "do something" I guess. He'd take a few frownee steps my way and I'd think..."oh yeah...lets do it."

I'll take this opportunity to say "FK Judge Normal in the ear."

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#380442 - 12/22/11 03:56 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Still]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Castle,

I like thinking my survivor friend quoted you a few months ago, when he said, "'Normal' is a setting on a washing machine." Gave me hope he had visited this site.

Robbie was the one I remember using the term.

Anyway, you're totally normal in that you've handled it the way any normal person would if they had experienced this.

Y'all are great. Keep working it, it gets better!

Merry Christmas!
D.

#380443 - 12/22/11 04:16 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Anthony39]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Anthony39
i have this image of a herd of cattle chewing their cud and marching to the slaughter house.

So....like maybe "Lemmings" and "Not-the-Lemmings" would be good terms?

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#380444 - 12/22/11 04:19 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Disappointed]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Disappointed

Robbie was the one I remember using the term.

Yeah it was me...but I got it from another guy here and HE got it from some guy in Walmart. Yeah...Like there's a lot of "normality" going on in Walmart!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#380446 - 12/22/11 04:49 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Still]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#380449 - 12/22/11 06:18 PM Re: "Normals" [Re: Castle]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Okay, I haven't looked at Castle's video yet, but let me just say, I got tired of all the foreigners in Wal-Mart and don't go there anymore unless I ABSOLUTELY have to!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.