Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63232 Topics
442173 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#379953 - 12/18/11 02:56 PM Authentic Intimacy
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
How do you separate false romance from true love if you have neither truly experienced either. That was the main point in a play i just saw called "After Jerusalem" even tho it was about a hetero romance, the point is that it is really even more true for us. Its hard to negotiate that world of finding a real connection based on the crazy past, where the real you was always hidden especially from yourself.

Trading illusions for real intimacy is something I would love to know how other survivors have been able to negotiate. For me, its hard to let my guard down. I no longer feel that the CSA is something I have to hide but at the same time, I sometimes wonder if it will be possible to recognize something real.

I saw the play recently, La Cage aux Folles, and realized I had seen the orginial movie in french years ago. At the time, it went completely over my head. I just thot it was about odd entertainers,lol - I knew they were gay but it just seemed so foreign, i did not see myself as that at all. So now that i am what i am, i feel that my history of a lack of self awareness on one hand and my new found boundary mania on the other, may make any real connection for intimacy just another dream.

found this link:
http://bc-malesurvivors.com/wp-content/u...-Don-Wright.pdf

WoR Barrie 2011

#380043 - 12/19/11 09:56 AM Re: Authentic Intimacy [Re: 1lifenow]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
Thank you for the link.

#380228 - 12/21/11 12:18 AM Re: Authentic Intimacy [Re: cris40ky]
NewSummer Offline

Loc: Surrey BC
This has my head spinning..I am so ready for a real relationship where I can feel truely equal.. till then I will just carry on.
Thanks for the link.

#381729 - 01/07/12 01:42 AM Re: Authentic Intimacy [Re: NewSummer]
NewSummer Offline

Loc: Surrey BC
My T today asked if my relationships are more about contol than intimacy. Interesting though..head spinning once again..

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.