Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, Obi, 4 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#379721 - 12/16/11 12:10 PM Freedom through truth *survivors pls post too*
Airmid Offline

Loc: South
A couple of weeks ago I spent an entire afternoon digging through old threads on the men's forum, seeing how much support there is, and (at that point) thinking recovery would never happen in my home. "It'll never happen" was a lie, and I both know it and feel it now. It can, will and does happen.

This thread has given me so much hope, and I thought it's well worth sharing. As I read it, I contemplate the lies I believe(d)...the general "keep the pretty" stuff from all parts of life, the lies surrounding CSA, the lies surrounding ideal marriages, the lies surrounding motherhood, the lies surrounding being a woman...it's a very powerful read, and I thank you all, survivors, for bringing that to us.

#379758 - 12/16/11 08:26 PM Re: Freedom through truth *survivors pls post too* [Re: Airmid]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm going to come back to this thread and finish it, but I too find it useful. I correct the lies my husband says out loud, but I know there are probably tons hanging out in his brain that he dare not speak aloud. I'd love for him to shut those lies up too.

#379851 - 12/17/11 04:08 PM Re: Freedom through truth *survivors pls post too* [Re: GoodHope]
stripeysocks Offline

Loc: US
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to link my husband to it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.