Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, aniceguy, HD001, 1 invisible), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441384 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#379680 - 12/16/11 02:39 AM Interesting coincidence?
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Had a peculiar experience yesterday... At a Christmas party with co-workers. There was a generic gift exchange where we passed around wrapped packages and when the music stopped the last time that one was yours.

Mine was a framed inspirational quote - the kind of thing I usually scorn. But this one really got to me. I felt like it really was intended for me specifically and nobody there could have known. It said:

"I will trust my todays and all my tomorrows to the One who holds eternity in His hands."

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it did not include "yesterdays" or I probably would have thrown it across the room. I have been having problems with faith recently - especially as it relates to my past.

But i took that thing home and propped it on my desk and I'm going to try harder to trust. As I remember in the Bible, God puts a pretty high value on faith. Maybe that's because it's so hard for many of us to succeed at it.

Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#379698 - 12/16/11 08:01 AM Re: Interesting coincidence? [Re: traveler]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

The wonderful thing about faith though is that it only takes a little. Like a tiny spark in a dried up wood...

#379703 - 12/16/11 09:09 AM Re: Interesting coincidence? [Re: traveler]
monkey Offline

Loc: IL
I love it when God hands these little windows of inspiration and opportunity to help you see the light and to show you His way. Just recently I have been getting lots of hints(some of them slaps in the face) from God showing me the way he wants me to go. Yes, trusting in Him and having him in control is my salvation. I hope it will be yours too.

God works in your life if you just let Him.

Monkey

#379711 - 12/16/11 10:16 AM Re: Interesting coincidence? [Re: monkey]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Freudian Slip alert!

I just looked at the plaque again - at home now - not at school - and I got the quote a little wrong. What I remembered it saying was "I will trust..." What it actually says is "I trust..." I guess what I typed before is the actual truth. I don't trust yet, but I will sometime in the future.... I hope!

Lee

and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#379713 - 12/16/11 10:40 AM Re: Interesting coincidence? [Re: traveler]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Little at a time. Trust is hard, although for me I've found admitting to God that I don't trust is even harder. Even typing it there is something in me that resists because it's an admission I don't want to make.

Like the man who came to Jesus and asked about healing his son... all I can say is, "Lord forgive me my unbelief!".

I trust more now than I have ever before, but at the same time I realize there is so much that I do not yet trust God to handle.

#379791 - 12/17/11 12:45 AM Re: Interesting coincidence? [Re: traveler]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Lee,

I am like you about these inspirational quote picture, posters, etc., but I agree with you about this one. Excellent quote!

I am with you on having a problem with the past. I keep wondering how God could let so many horrible things happen to me, if I am indeed his child. This is that same discussion we've been having in your "faith vs. feeling" thread.

I hope eventually we'll look back at all that stuff too, and see that His hand was in it as well, although I just don't get it right now. Where is a loving and merciful God, when a boy is being sodomized and more?

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.