Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441951 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#379449 - 12/14/11 03:46 PM New stats on rape-male female adult and child
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

This article includes stats for men and women, and also for boys and girls ages 10 and under. Frightening stuff that we already know here donít we?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/health...assault.html?hp

#379643 - 12/15/11 09:00 PM Re: New stats on rape-male female adult and child [Re: GoodHope]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Hey, according to these figures I belong to at least two new minority groups.

John

#379700 - 12/16/11 08:09 AM Re: New stats on rape-male female adult and child [Re: unhappycamper]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This survey is feminist propaganda crap. One of the least reliable ways of surveying sex issues is telephone interviews. Who is in the room when the survey is responded to? This will suppress the numbers. Also, tell me the following paragraph is supported by accepted research on the study of male sexual abuse. This survey says "men bad, women victims". It is like the text out of the 80s that defined child sexual abuse as when a male adult engages in sexual conduct with a female child. No wonder much of male CSA went unreported for so long.

"One in seven men have experienced severe violence at the hands of an intimate partner, the survey found, and one in 71 men ó between 1 percent and 2 percent ó have been raped, many when they were younger than 11."

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#379762 - 12/16/11 08:32 PM Re: New stats on rape-male female adult and child [Re: catfish86]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

That isn't how I interpreted it at all...I'm going to re-read it. I posted it because I like the phrasing of csa as rape, and that they listed that many were younger than 11. I want this out in the open that this happens to boys. Young boys. And they say it is probably underreported and I want that out there as well. I also think its good they are talking about ASA as well because frankly, until I came here, I thought it was extremely rare. I'm horrified and yet empowered and emboldened by what I have learned here. I'm talking to EVERYONE I know about this issue in pretty graphic terms so they won't be lulled into the very false sense of security. These stats, no matter how poorly put together, get conversations going.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.