Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (MissesMe, DaiseyLady), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64178 Topics
448031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#379227 - 12/13/11 09:01 AM Disorganized Sandusky defense!
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Jerry Sandusky arrived at court today for the prelim, then suddenly waived the hearing, meaning the accusers didn't have to testify. His lawyer said he and his wife were "nervous but ready," but... poof, no hearing! Wassap widdat?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/13/justice/sandusky-preliminary-hearing/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

John

#379284 - 12/13/11 03:37 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: unhappycamper]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
The defense would lose badly early on if they allowed the ten men to testify pre-trial.

The good news is there were 200 reporters on site.

I pray for the well being and healing of those hurt by this creep. And for the end of silence around abuse of young males everywhere.

Edited by Mountainous Buck (12/13/11 03:41 PM)

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#379304 - 12/13/11 04:31 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: Mountainous Buck]
unhappycamper Offline

But after all the defense lawyer's tough talk, you gotta wonder why he let the waiver be such a surprise. In fact, he mouthed off about looking the accusers in the eye. The disappearing hearing makes it look like his client's case is somewhat shaky.

Oh well, at least some of the accusers had pretrial practice appearing publicly in a media-packed courtroom.

John

#379317 - 12/13/11 05:56 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: unhappycamper]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Representing sandusky has got to be like selling a pile of dog poo as caviar...it just ain't gonna work. But the lawyer is a true mess himself. A match made in hell.

#379318 - 12/13/11 06:01 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: unhappycamper]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Yeah, the defense lawyer who got a 15 yo "office assistant" pregnant sees nothing wrong with what Sandusky did. He mouths off a lot. Today, Amendola stated:

"Anyone who is naive enough to think for a minute that Tim Curley, Joe Paterno and Gary Schultz and, for that matter, Graham Spanier, the university president, were told by Mike McQueary that he observed Jerry Sandusky having anal sex with a 10-year-old-looking kid in a shower at Penn State or Penn State property and their response was to simply tell Jerry Sandusky that, 'Don't go in the shower room any more with kids.' I suggest you dial 1-800-REALITY. Because that makes absolutely no sense."

1-800-REALITY is yup, a gay sex line. wink

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#379333 - 12/13/11 07:36 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: catfish86]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Loc: USA
How many fish (especially the BIG ones) are left in the ocean when the nets are pulled in, and the crew heads back to dock?

I think you get my meaning.....

Curley, Paterno, Schultz, Spanier and even McQueary are not only "involved" but I think they are all hiding the possible reality they are all quilty just as much as Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky is, for acts they themselves may have witnessed, participated in, etc. Just thinking here. But then again, I better remain silent because the Thought Polize are right around the corner ready to give me an airline trip to some undisclosed fortified Concentration Camp for Thinkers.

#379358 - 12/13/11 10:22 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: GeorgeMartin]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think that what Sandusky's defense did today was, in football lingo, a "quarterback sneak".

Puffer

#379366 - 12/13/11 11:13 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: pufferfish]
unhappycamper Offline

Puffer:

I'm having trouble ascribing that much cleverness to the defense lawyer, after he allowed Sandusky to do those two half-a$$ed televised interviews (NBC and NY Times).

John

"It's 99 percent of lawyers that give the rest of us a bad name."

#379372 - 12/13/11 11:29 PM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: unhappycamper]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
Well he is playing his best cards, but early in the game. At the end of the day, what do we hear and see: Sandusky. talking tough, in football metaphors like.... we will defend,,,, for four quarters. Ha, what a joke. Go hide, let your puppet talk smack about the victims. At the end of the day, right now, he is alone. We on the other hand have each other. Victory for the victims I think.

#379395 - 12/14/11 03:34 AM Re: Disorganized Sandusky defense! [Re: unhappycamper]
jls Offline

Agreed. Does he not realize that the only people he should be concerned about convincing is the judge and jury? In a criminal trial these are the only people who count. No offence to anyone here but in the strictly legal sense the opinions of millions of others don't matter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.