Newest Members
Rod2112, Mark71, oic, ocean, alone87
12883 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (40), Jaso (35), liliana888 (44), lionking (20), Ohioguy (41), Raju (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (Doubter, Meloe, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12883 Members
75 Forums
66674 Topics
465878 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#379171 - 12/12/11 07:02 PM Re: hello this is difficult [Re: sevenkevineleven]
traveler Offline

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Good on ya, mate! - as the Aussies say. And "Amen!" to what the others said... You took a good and difficult step and will definitely benefit from that. Just sayin - from experience - the sooner you get it out and dealt with the better. I wish I had done it decades ago. It seems to get worse or harder to manage the longer you wait. so keep on keepin on! We're all pullin for you.

There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all. - Hamlet, Act 5, sc 2

#379183 - 12/12/11 09:25 PM Re: hello this is difficult [Re: traveler]
NewSummer Offline

Loc: Surrey BC
I was totally afraid of men in my late teens and early twentys. I was scared to death of being around them... I totally forgot that part of my life. Thanks for reminding me about that. Just another part of the puzzle I am trying to put together..

I am not afraid of men now. adn thanks again for reminding me..

Ian, I'm 47 now..

life is what happens while you make other plans- John Lennon

#379221 - 12/13/11 06:05 AM Re: hello this is difficult [Re: NewSummer]
Mountainous Buck Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Great sharing about owning your fears and walking thru them.

Congrats on making those hard steps, Kevin!

New summer- that's a piece of the puzzle for me too-my fear of bosses was rooted, think, in the terror of being abused by older males (so friends of my older brother)-it is still something I have to work thru today-had a client meeting yesterday where I had to walk thru this fear and I feel much more confident and assured with our relationship now-for today- I'm sure the fear will crop up again and I will have another choice to evade or face it.

Thanks again for sharing.

Edited by Mountainous Buck (12/13/11 06:10 AM)
We have to take responsibility for what we're not responsible for.

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#379336 - 12/13/11 07:51 PM Re: hello this is difficult [Re: Mountainous Buck]
sevenkevineleven Offline

Loc: florida
Its an awful fear...i always lashed out and fought them always was getting into fights...thankfully though it has happened in about 5 years..

#379377 - 12/14/11 12:06 AM Re: hello this is difficult [Re: sevenkevineleven]
Mikedee Offline

Welcome sevenkevineleven! I've only been here for a few days and already feel like part of the family. This is an amazing and supportive brotherhood. Penn State is also the event that made me come to terms with my CSA and I am thankful it is happening now. Hang in there!

Taking it one day at a time and learning to live and love

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.