Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (manipulated, 2 invisible), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446620 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378916 - 12/10/11 03:03 PM has anyone been watching broadwalk empire?
misscrespo Offline

Hello everyone,

I know there are more important issues to discuss but I was watching HBO tv series Broadwalk Empire and for the last few weeks you could see it coming but it all came to a very graphic de>

#379036 - 12/11/11 06:26 PM Re: has anyone been watching broadwalk empire? [Re: misscrespo]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
I did not see the show,but overall it is well done in all aspects, from production values to storyline. I am 57..endured early childhood incest from mother and father, and later non -family offenders. The parental abuse started in home around 2 years of age, and evolved into various physical versions until about age 8. More pronounced is the lifelong conflict, I experience with the surviving mom/abuser. Perhaps more irrational than the male parent sex acts, is the mom emotional poison that pollutes a young boys core being.

While it is likely most teens can physically resist an assault or perhaps escape from the premises, a young child has no where to go, no options. My own self, is still derailed with the emotional escape that is impossible. I say impossible to illustrate my experience. No animal in the wild that i am aware of, sexually seduces a child, or their offspring. They may eat a new born or abandon for practical reasons, or in some cases I think ..mammals might exert power on an immature offspring, with implied rape or dominance, but, typically it is the male that is acting out. True ,the female in the wild is protective to extremes, but I am unaware of incest in most species, at least mother to male infant or youth.

Anyway, in my life, the disconnect between a traditional nurturing mother-son relationship, quickly erased any semblance of normalcy or ability to accept a parent as portrayed in most of civilized society. The abnormal roles that become adopted by both participants, become ingrained in the boys DNA. The unspoken destruction of any boundary or adult role, produce deep rooted tensions and at a purely mental and emotional level, the seduction from the mom never stops, even if you are apart by oceans and mountains. Even years of no communications do not blunt the turmoil and stress. In my early teen years, my fathers sexual advances were easily thwarted by my ability to fight or flee. My ability and preparations to end his predatory actions, included killing him, which at age 14, is not uncommon, if you read between the lines on teen murders of fathers. I did not pull the trigger, but there was no issue at fearing jail or whatever..I just started going out every night at age 14.

So..at age 18 pr 43 or whatever, the mom-son incest festers into such a vortex of intensity, helplessness and numbing, the>

#379046 - 12/11/11 08:32 PM Re: has anyone been watching broadwalk empire? [Re: J1]
Keeptrying Offline

Jeffrey,

Thx for sharing these. A lot of times I feel my fight against my mother-in-law from her seducing my young sons is so in vain. She's done that to an absolute control of my 40 yo husband and 47 yo brother-in-law. The society just can't seem to see the truth about mothers and grandmothers in those terms. The two men are still in denial. The only clue that they left are two dysfunctional families. So many destructions and so much pain...

In reading your post, I get to know that it's not my exaggeration, and I need that sanity to keep me going.

Truly truly the darkest faces of any species, women preying their own!

KT

#379138 - 12/12/11 01:26 PM Re: has anyone been watching broadwalk empire? [Re: Keeptrying]
misscrespo Offline

Thank you so much for your replies.

My heart goes out to you, it is revolting that you had to endure this.

I think my partner is still in recovery and I think he has not yet addressed the issues he has with his own mother. I am not sure that he is naive as such, I just think his boundaries have been so violated by those supposed to be closest to him, that he still struggles to identify the predatory type of behavior. I explained to him and helped him see what behaviors were wrong and a violation and I think he understood what I was trying to say.

I think slowly but surely, he will understand his mother's abusive behavior and learn to identify it and perhaps one day avoid her completly.

I agree with you, to my knowledge there are no rapists mothers in the animal kingdom, I have often wondered about this.

thanks again for sharing

peace

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.