Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (myrlin), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378898 - 12/10/11 08:57 AM AAU Chief accused of molesting
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA

#378921 - 12/10/11 03:32 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Its a freakin cascade of reality now baby! Maybe the apathetic won't be.

Question...is it abuse of their power and position??? or is it their asshole-jock superior entitlement in action?

#378944 - 12/10/11 07:56 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: Still]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Generlly is is a pervert who lusts after young people seeking and obtaining a position to make that achievable.

#378971 - 12/11/11 12:19 AM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: MrEdd]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Interesting but terrible. Thank you for the report.

Puffer

#378973 - 12/11/11 12:25 AM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah....in my case, I know it was a culture of survival of the arrogant and devouring of the weak an meek.

The town is STILL to this day severely jock-arrogant. I have a true sustaining hatred for the old hometown.

Holy God...save us from the evil arrogant: jocks, soldiers, teachers, coaches, police, tribes, perverts and lawyers.

Let their entitlement devour THEM instead of US.

#379051 - 12/11/11 09:03 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think we see a pattern emerging here.

The arrogant, self-confident, overbearing coach victimizing the child.

It reminds me of the coach who picked on me when I was in middle-school. He was the muscular coach of the varsity football team. He could "hide" behind the facade of being the glorified football coach. But he chose an abused boy (me) to pick on).

The abuse was kind of a bullying and never took a physical form. I could give several sad examples. I had lost my voice. It was the same kind of loss of voice that we see in the movie: The Speech of the King. He made a point of calling role openly, demanding that we "speak up". When I couldn't answer "here", he said: "When I was a baby, I cried loudly, and developed strong lungs." He kicked me off the JV football team, telling me in front of the rest of the boys to 'go to the locker room and the others would follow'. Nobody ever 'followed'. I was the only one. When we were learning wrestling, he pitted me, a depressed comfortless boy, against a fast-moving confident boy. I stayed awake the night before planning out in detail my movements in the match. I won the first round, taking everybody especially the coach by surprise. Then he stopped the match.

I learned many, many years later that the coach died of Altzheimer's in an intensive-care nursing home in Texas. I did not grieve for him. I surmise that his treatment of me was well known to other students because the person who told me about his passing had to have a specific knowledge and reason for telling me. The matter must have been discussed by other students.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...p;what=showflat

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (12/11/11 09:18 PM)

#379073 - 12/11/11 10:23 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: Still]
jls Offline

I would say its abuse of their power and position. It has little to do with sports in particular, other than it is just another easy way for predators to access children. It is seen in any field of profession where adults have contact with children, in recreation, in education, and, as we are well aware, even in religion. As we know CSA knows no boundaries in this regard.

#379084 - 12/11/11 10:59 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: jls]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Maybe someday it will be windage and elevation.

#379090 - 12/11/11 11:39 PM Re: AAU Chief accused of molesting [Re: Still]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
The NY Times touched on the coach stuff...access to young eager kids, the authority issues....I can add the body beauty issues, the fuzzy line of hyper fitness, male ego, seeking male attention...I am sure the Therapists can tune in that type. But, all my coaches were pretty good men and never pushed limits on sex type stuff...they were old school and in the 1970's...they could get away with shoving you into the tackling dummies or calling you a girl or getting drunk in town after the big games...

I suppose the older jocks were more twisted in hazing type stuff..like coating your jock in hot balm before you suited up...or shutting off the hot water to the group showers after you got shampoo all over, and it was way cold in those concrete locker rooms..But as much as I looked, and was a curious dude...never saw or heard any coach stuff...and even in my boy scout years...no action on the coldest camp outs...even the gayest acting priest I knew, never really acted out with the kids...he was well known at the major clubs and fancy charity events...and mainly liked rolexes and martinis...

I think the girls coaches were more dyke like and stereotypical..but again...not aware of any actual bad stuff....Not sure how the hell a college program blunts numerous observors to likely abuse....I am guessing it is like recruiting violations, drugs and bad grades...the college sports machines craft an entire culture, to do whatever it takes...and even the janitor at a PSU, owes his job and pension to looking the other way...No one sees the cops ignoring a bag of pills when they stop a star player at 2 am....nor does the public care which home town cops work secondary for the team on game day..... The prosecutor wants to be a judge someday...and the alums have the steam to make that happen. The 15 year old junior hockey player in Canada, lives with the coach for a season to prepare for the big time....the coach is great at sports massage...as the wife sleeps... Actually makes the kid so tough and emotionless he attains status as an enforcer in later years..

The cycle spins...until something clogs the gears.....the plan falls apart..the kid is making up stories...he wants money...a good attorney can wreck him on the stand....but...the evil will consume...digest...spit out....there will be no escape...no judge or jury will deliver the force of the soul...no guard will protect the predator in his dark night.....no one will care if he is found not guilty...for he has bought his ticket....if he has done the deeds....no punches...no kicks..no arrows will be needed....he has made a choice to cross a line....change an innocent boy into C-4..........embed a sleeper cell in every prison and jail....a door to hell....he will not suffer,by my hands,,,for I am just and fair...it is quick....not even noticed for a long while...like a sleep...a dream....a journey...he will be gone...we await the next , for he can not resist the weaker boy...thus he will become pleased in his minutes of joy...and does not even know real happiness....but then...the horizon will appear...it is not the evening he hoped for....the storms are fierce...it is the laws of nature....the justice system is mortal and flawed.....we...the earth and stars are immortal...and know what has to be done....in the morning the heavy rain has cleansed the paths...drowned out the aberrations....it is a new day...

fiction of course...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.