Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, don64), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444121 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#376569 - 11/23/11 10:02 AM Re: don't know what to do anymore [Re: john22]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, John.

You did just fine. You did what you had to do.

Don't second guess your decisions.

You have enough pain to deal with without you second guessing your decision.

Wishing you some sort of peace & serenity. Take some very deep breaths and try and relax. I know it sounds easier said than done.

Heal well, my fraternal brother, John, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#376612 - 11/23/11 05:46 PM Re: don't know what to do anymore [Re: petercorbett]
john22 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Europe-Belgium
Thx Pete

I know. Second guessing made decisions is only a waste of time. But the "what if"-questions just come and go. But you're right i shouldn't waste my time with that. Thx for the reminding.

I just told my eldest brother about my past, he was the only one of my close family who didn't knew it. And as I will be going on vacation, and i don't know if he will get a visit from the police (I don't think so, but just to be sure), I wanted to give him a head-start.

It's strange for me that all the people I've recently told show (so much) understanding, when I talk about that part of my past. I never imagined that people would understand that burden. I'm happy they still love me for who I am. I hope everything will stay the same or become better then it already was.

My brother of course was a bit stunned by what I had said, but the most surprising part for me was that he wasn't so amazed/surprised. He said he once visited my first perp at his home, and by something the perp said, he knew something went wrong between me and the perp, he just didn't really know what. I will question him about that later. I just hope he will still recall it as it's already so long ago.

By the way, thanks for listening to my rambling.

John

#376619 - 11/23/11 07:39 PM Re: don't know what to do anymore [Re: john22]
blindpet Offline

Loc: DK and UK, Europe
I think if you are ready you should definitely tell the cops, it'll be a powerful experience for that is both scary but ultimately rewarding. I had already looked up the statue of limitations for my abuser and they have sadly run out.

I think you'll get a lot out of breaking the silence and give the prosecution some extra ammo, but only if you're ready. Something tells me you sharing on here makes you ready imo. It will make a difference, of that you can be sure.

#378072 - 12/04/11 08:15 AM Re: don't know what to do anymore [Re: blindpet]
kb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saskatchewan,Canada
hey John,

Its been along time..Ive been dealing with a few things of mine here. I hope u see this as part of healing and that you can balance your life with your rfecovery. Its tough to do sometimes and recovery or the fall out from it takes ones life over.
I say this because all along ive noticed you are an such a deep thinker and analyse things so completely..and while this is a good trait i worry that it may overwelm you.
I think what u are doing is right..i hope it can coexist with the john so many people admire.
be well john..hope to talk soon

Kris

#378623 - 12/07/11 10:47 PM Re: don't know what to do anymore [Re: kb4]
john22 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Europe-Belgium
blindpet, just to inform you, I already informed the police about that. And formally made a complaint against him. I think I wrote that in an other post not too long ago. So yeah I think I was ready for that scary thing. I had made my mind up with pressing charges against him since July this year, due to the statue of limitations it had to be done before the end of this year. Even if it still took some months to really take that step I'm still happy I found the courage to do it in time. I'm still not sure if he will ever get punished for what he did to me, due to the fact he was also still a minor, but at least I let the change open for that.

To Kris, thx for you encouraging words. I don't know who those many admiring people are, but I think that that John will stay alive too.

John

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.