Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (aniceguy, Obi, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378607 - 12/07/11 07:11 PM Grandma from Western Pennsylvania
Deeny Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
My name is Deeny. I am 56 years old and the grandmother of three boys - ages 5 -10. I have two adult children, my son is parent of two of the boys and my daughter the parent of the little one.

I made my first post earlier today on the "Off Topic" thread, regarding the establishment of a "Collaboration" effort for survivors, for the creation of an online database listing abusers. I gave a suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. I think the creation of an online database describing perpetrators and listing the area where they prey on childen is a fine idea, whose time has come. What else is the internet for if not this?

The Sandusky case is what brought me to seek out a site about male survivors. I've read extensively at this site for several weeks now prior to registering.

No, I am not a childhood sexual abuse survivor. Nor, do I think are either of my children or my grandchildren. (But I will directly ASK both of my children in the coming days.)

But not being a victim myself does not mean that I don't care about all of you who are victims.

It is time to stop this! The time is here, now..... My advice: Speak up and speak out! Create data bases. Hound these despicable perpetrators out into the open! Outing them is what will stop this!

Thank you,
Deeny

#378615 - 12/07/11 09:45 PM Re: Grandma from Western Pennsylvania [Re: Deeny]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

My state has a registry (many do) and it includes everything you describe, including pictures that must be updated yearly. It's an awesome tool for known offenders. I want to go crazy public letting people know that they should pay closer attention to the friends and family in their immediate circle. Most of the people I have talked to were molested by grandfathers, fathers, stepbrothers and teen neighbors. These types of people are very unlikely to appear on any database.

#378616 - 12/07/11 09:46 PM Re: Grandma from Western Pennsylvania [Re: GoodHope]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is a national one

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.