Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (takingitslow, 3 invisible), 29 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445430 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378607 - 12/07/11 07:11 PM Grandma from Western Pennsylvania
Deeny Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
My name is Deeny. I am 56 years old and the grandmother of three boys - ages 5 -10. I have two adult children, my son is parent of two of the boys and my daughter the parent of the little one.

I made my first post earlier today on the "Off Topic" thread, regarding the establishment of a "Collaboration" effort for survivors, for the creation of an online database listing abusers. I gave a suggestion as to how this could be accomplished. I think the creation of an online database describing perpetrators and listing the area where they prey on childen is a fine idea, whose time has come. What else is the internet for if not this?

The Sandusky case is what brought me to seek out a site about male survivors. I've read extensively at this site for several weeks now prior to registering.

No, I am not a childhood sexual abuse survivor. Nor, do I think are either of my children or my grandchildren. (But I will directly ASK both of my children in the coming days.)

But not being a victim myself does not mean that I don't care about all of you who are victims.

It is time to stop this! The time is here, now..... My advice: Speak up and speak out! Create data bases. Hound these despicable perpetrators out into the open! Outing them is what will stop this!

Thank you,
Deeny

#378615 - 12/07/11 09:45 PM Re: Grandma from Western Pennsylvania [Re: Deeny]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

My state has a registry (many do) and it includes everything you describe, including pictures that must be updated yearly. It's an awesome tool for known offenders. I want to go crazy public letting people know that they should pay closer attention to the friends and family in their immediate circle. Most of the people I have talked to were molested by grandfathers, fathers, stepbrothers and teen neighbors. These types of people are very unlikely to appear on any database.

#378616 - 12/07/11 09:46 PM Re: Grandma from Western Pennsylvania [Re: GoodHope]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is a national one

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.