Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378442 - 12/06/11 01:02 PM LAW & PUBLIC POLICY
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Gents,

I'll be direct: We need a Law & Public Policy Forum for various reasons:

1) The news media has NO single or even 'strong' source of LPP information regarding CSA, its laws, its stories and legal actions.

2) Lawyers charging offenders need such resource.

3) Law makers need such a resource.

4) The PUBLIC needs such a resource.

5) Police officers and Detectives need a resource that will also lead them to other myth-busting content that they will find here at MS.

Right now, we have massive information and resources for survivors and F&F. We don't rely offer much (if anything) in way of the Law. Clearly, the Law is the 800 Grizzly in the room, and he's already trained to benefit us. We just need to release him.

We sponsor John Jay Legal events...Logic simply dictates that we ought to have a LPP Forum.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#378443 - 12/06/11 01:14 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

PLUS: We the People of MS need a logical placement of local and global stories of arrest, charges, trials, offender news, etc.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#378609 - 12/07/11 08:03 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Still]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I think this idea is in accord with Robbie's idea (not trying to steal your thread Robbie!):

I will add to this, a new member, Deeny, a grandmother of three children, took up the suggestion of Jaifian, about having an area for helping men to identify their perps.

Here is Jaifian:

As I realized how the dynamic works where each victim prior to the case coming to light doesn't know about the others and therefore all are in isolation and afraid to prosecute or even tell anyone for fear that they would be the only ones.

So now I get this idea, but for all I know it's been thought of before, but then again, I've never heard of anything like it myself, so...

Has anyone heard of anything like this? The idea is a website on which victims of sexual assault could anonymously post info about their alleged perps which would automatically cross-match all other posts on the site and if and as soon as two or more perps match up those who posted the perp-matching posts would be automatically emailed notification of the match and the emails of all the other victims who posted and matched that perp.

Does this sound like a good idea? Has it been tried before? If it hasn't been tried, it seems like it would be a great way for victims to be empowered!

Here is Deeny: Here is how it could be done online:

First create a thread, called "Collaborative Reporting" for instance.

Then, within the thread State names could be listed.

Then, within each state, a victim could list things about the perp like "Western Pennsylvania" "College town" "Sports Coach" "older man" "white hair" "associated with a charity".

Then another victim could come onto the site and read this non-identifying de>

#378621 - 12/07/11 10:34 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Disappointed]
Keeptrying Offline

Robbie and D,

Desperately desperately NEED it 2) lawyers charging offenders!!! Been calling around for months. Plenty of the lawyer defending the offenders though.

KT

#378627 - 12/07/11 11:29 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Keeptrying]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
KT,

Please explain your post a little. District attorneys prosecute crimes. Private attorneys do not do this.

If you are talking civil cases for damages, that is another question. Your location would help.

Thanks.
D.

#378634 - 12/08/11 12:36 AM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Disappointed]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

To publicly post real names of real people whom have not been charged by any official would likely result in defamation actions. There would be life-ruining abuse too. Its just bound to happen. There was such a site, but was covert and a huge risk to anyone posting there.

I'm thinking more of a forum where Pending legislations can be posted and discussed.

Cases can be tracked.

Lobbying can be coordinated and encouraged.

Witnesses available in a pool for legislators.

Police can get briefed on myths and best-practices.

Victims can learn what they are facing.

Civil tort lit lawyers can learn more than what the "think" they know.

The press can learn before they submit stories with their well-entrenched myth-base.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#378690 - 12/08/11 12:39 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: Still]
giveamanahome Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
If it was a priest try www.bishopaccountability.org

Altruism:
Selfless concern for the welfare of others. Altruism is the opposite of selfishness. Altruism focuses on a motivation to help others or a want to do good without reward.

#378749 - 12/08/11 09:44 PM Re: LAW & PUBLIC POLICY [Re: giveamanahome]
Keeptrying Offline

D,

I can't go to the DA since my T and the other two play therapists specialized in CSA have advised me to seek help from family law attorneys. Rik from UK is the only person that I read so far who has successfully won his case against the perv for grooming. My chance to win some protections for my young sons from the legal system is very slim given that their grandmother has disguised all her behaviors under love, caring and innocence. I've read so many boys been abused in the news and on this board, and yet their pervs are still running free. It would be extremely helpful if an LPP forum is available so that I'd have more info on how they can help. Right now I can't stop her from being with them. My husband is too controlled by her to see the damages that she has done to him and his brother. Now is onto our sons. My full post is detailed under "Keeping My Young Sons Safe."

Thanks for the support!

KT

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.