Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (Jude, Alan Fountain, pittsburgh, 3 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#378120 - 12/04/11 02:13 PM Where I find myself
creyes99 Offline

Loc: Indio, CA
I've noticed a change in myself as of late. Looking back on my life I've seen that the distance between myself and others was glaring. The distance would grow wider, but I never fought or tried to bridge it because I felt I wasn't worth it. So when I'd see that they wouldn't fight either, it just cemented it. I would do nothing to show them that I was worth it. Usually the opposite, as if I was punishing myself by pushing them away, like I was saying "you're right, I'm not worth the time, the effort, the risk". I was confirming to them the idea that i was giving them. As if who I was was the result of me just being a hurtful, selfish person.
But things have changed now. I am worth it. I am a person who is worth knowing and being close to. I have something to offer, I am worth the risk of opening up to, of being close to. I am worth it. I am worth allowing myself to become vulnerable, of trusting and sharing and growing closer to other people. I am worth allowing myself to take the risk on other people. I am worth the effort. What was done to me will no longer decide what my value is, will no longer tell me what I am worth and how I treat others. I am worth the effort of getting close to, and worth the effort of getting close to others. We all are.

Edited by creyes99 (12/04/11 02:14 PM)

#378123 - 12/04/11 02:25 PM Re: Where I find myself [Re: creyes99]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Bravo, Brother! BRAVO!

I've recently turned this "corner" myself. Realizing that I have to take responsibility and start to learn how to love myself. I can't count on anyone else to do it for me. My parents should have, but failed.

I'm the only person I have any power to control, and if I need to learn how to love myself, I'm going to have to be the one to do it. Coming to MS and doing therapy and engaging in this process is known path which works.

I'm so glad to read your message. This is just awesome.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.