Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#377974 - 12/03/11 04:18 PM needing imput regarding my wife--a survivor too
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know I could Google, but I thought I'd ask here first. I've seen relationships as "like draws to like". I've got CSA issues, yep, and so does she.

But I'm wondering about online sites for female survivors. You gals show up here for many of us, and I enjoy reading your imput. It challenges me to keep on.

Any known recovery groups/sites for families of female survivors?

Thank you.

Alfred

Edited by fhorns (12/03/11 04:21 PM)

#377997 - 12/03/11 07:51 PM Re: needing imput regarding my wife--a survivor too [Re: fhorns]
GoodHope Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pandy.org

Not a survivor and their site is closed to supporters do can't say how good it is but she could start there. Wishing you both well on your healing journey.

#377998 - 12/03/11 07:58 PM Re: needing imput regarding my wife--a survivor too [Re: GoodHope]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you GH. I heard of them years back, I did Google it (before I even saw this post), and it's loaded with info. Thank you.

Alfred

#378096 - 12/04/11 11:43 AM Re: needing imput regarding my wife--a survivor too [Re: fhorns]
Airmid Offline

Loc: South
Horns, pandy's is nice, but I found that sometimes the women tend to get a little sick group-wise. Personalities and what not. it's like any other group; dominant personalities, occasional hypersensitivity, denial, then confrontation, then argument and then resolution, all within that group. It's really uncomfortable, but their mods are good about not letting things get too mean.

The best for me has been real-life recovery groups, and again, there's little anywhere for dual survivors/supporters, especially for those of us who live on both sides of this. I'm still looking and will ask my T tomorrow if she can help find some resources/forums. What exactly is the name, any way, of folks like us who are survivors married to other survivors? The dynamics are unique, and it's difficult to separate issues sometimes. What's mine? What's his? how do we trigger each other? Food for thought there. Do the boundaries we keep need to be the same as a standard survivor/spouse relationship? I wish psychologists would address that, too.

Edited by Airmid (12/04/11 11:43 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.