Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Nathan LaChine, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63796 Topics
445499 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#377677 - 12/02/11 03:52 AM Feeling stable
JaapVisser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Netherlands
For the first time in a long time I feel somehow a bit stable. I have had a big mental breakdown in February and since that time it has been an emotional rollercoaster.
My girlfriend and I temporary lived aside from eachother (we are already 11 years together and lived 10 of them together), but since a few weeks we are living again together.
I have been in day care for months and that has changed to 2x 4 hour sessions a week.
I started again with a social life, work is organised (I run my own little company, makes it easier though)

It feels like my life is balancing again. I know I am not there yet (by far), but it is less cloudy in my head. Dealing with my problems have been so heavy, but also feels good. I think the most important thing I dropped is my shame. Since I realised that I am not ashamed anymore I feel so much more capable of a lot of things.

It is such a great help to read up here, read books about the subject beside my therapy. It is helping sooo much!

I know it's just a first step of many steps to make, but pfff something feels a least good!

#377681 - 12/02/11 05:12 AM Re: Feeling stable [Re: JaapVisser]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hey Jaap

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, and also glad that you got it, I think that is SNAPT in Dutch? But Yeah the shame, YOU NO LONGER NEED TO FEEL SHAME. What a liberating feeling.
Just take the next step and TALK ABOUT IT A LOT, and everything falls into place.
I talk about it, there are no more secrets in my life, the whole country knows about it. What a feeling. Thaose that are afraid of it can leave me alone, and those that care, can share in my life.

Heal well
Martin

#377726 - 12/02/11 12:51 PM Re: Feeling stable [Re: whome]
limit Offline

good to hear you are feeling stable

#377829 - 12/02/11 11:52 PM Re: Feeling stable [Re: limit]
StringsAttached Offline

Jaap... fist bump! laugh

Survive, then thrive

#377864 - 12/03/11 04:42 AM Re: Feeling stable [Re: StringsAttached]
JaapVisser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Netherlands
Thank you for kind reaction smile

"Snapt" is indeed the right word in Dutch Martin haha.

It's true that not feeling ashamed is such a relief and talking and being open about it helps so much.
Happily I got a very good supportive group of friends who with whom I didn't had much contact the last months, but after my birthday a few weeks ago they where there and so supportive, have met them after that a few times and happily no bump in roads with them when talking about it.

At least this feeling of being stable gives me strength to continue working on all the next steps.

#377868 - 12/03/11 05:56 AM Re: Feeling stable [Re: JaapVisser]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Right on. Happy birthday for a few weeks ago.

Martin

#377905 - 12/03/11 10:08 AM Re: Feeling stable [Re: whome]
Drop Offline

hey.... congratulations smile

Watch me burn, watch me burn

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.