Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
4 registered (finallyhere, Miro, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444114 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#390758 - 03/26/12 03:10 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Wow Sam,

I just discovered this post and i am so glad you posted it. I can see that I am that sensitive person and not a freak.

I get so much here. Always learning and growing. This came at a good time. I needed to hear it.

take care

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#390782 - 03/26/12 08:13 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: pbert53]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Paul, I was just thinking about you, and now you posted here, that is a good feeling.

I am very glad you are continuing your recovery relief by constantly looking for new ways to reason and mature in healthy ways.

SPS or HSP, Highly Sensitive Person, is certainly an eye opener for me. Knowing that I have an emotional response that is triggered quickly and strongly helped me to create awareness for it, and calm myself. It has been a learning experience, and my wife noted that this period of recovery has been remarkable.

Let me know how this impacts your recovery, ok?

Sam

#390788 - 03/26/12 08:53 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Cha Bra...I just discovered this as well. Why didn't you put it some place where I would have seen it, or maybe you could have posted it sooner...like back in November or something...cuz this is good stuff. I think we need to work on this!

Quick note here: I find that these types of posts, these little (or large) golden nuggets of wisdom are just amazingly powerful. They provide great leaps forward in my recovery. Everyone needs to keep them coming.

I tend to just bitch-n-moan here at MS. But the guys who relate true gold --- true substance back to The Brotherhood are truly contributing to healing.

Originally Posted By: PBert53
I get so much here. Always learning and growing. This came at a good time. I needed to hear it.

See! Not alone either.

Edited by Robbie Brown (03/26/12 08:56 AM)
Edit Reason: add quote

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#390789 - 03/26/12 08:58 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: Still]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Sherman, set the WABAC machine for November, and bring along the SPS post".

PS. Rob, I have seen you running through MS with golden nuggets falling from your tipped bag as well. I am not too proud to say I have picked up a few.

Sam

#390800 - 03/26/12 10:05 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: sasuva
PS. Rob, I have seen you running through MS...

...and I run with scissors too...

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#391432 - 03/29/12 08:16 PM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Sam,

Your post gave me new perspective and outlook on why I do some of the things I do.

I thought my sensitivity was more proof that I am not a real man. I believed the societal stereotype that I had to be rough, tough, and insensitive to feelings in order to be a real man.

I stopped following that stereotype a long time ago, but your post helped me see that I am OK, and that i am also not alone. We are not alone here and I appreciate all of the great wisdom i get here from the site and from the great men who are helping me to survive and thrive.

If you ever get any new info on this subject, i would really like to hear about it, as I want to read more on it.

take care bro, and thanks for thinking of me, that made my week man.

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#419932 - 12/23/12 12:36 PM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
cetaceas Offline

Loc: NEW YORK
SAM, You have given me hope with this. I am new here and you have also welcomed me. Thank you very much!

#456365 - 12/08/13 07:48 AM Re: SPS(Sensory Processing Sensitivity) THE difference [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

I would like to share some wonderful poetry about SPS from Fiona Gyde in her book, Sensitive Walking;
Making Ends Meet
I have spent all my words
And in return--
Overstimulation
Overtiredness
And
The need to retreat
To save up again
While
Broken and penniless
Empty-pocketed
And
Overdrawn,
I'm in debt to myself
And
Seemingly,
To Those
Who would still
Like me
To spend.
~ ~ ~
Turning a Page
All my life
The odd one out
Never filling expectations,
The "ugly" one
Who thought and spoke and acted
Differently,
Whose entire outlook
Was somewhat foreign,
Rarely understood.
And looking down
I saw myself
A misfit, mismatch
Misunderstood and often
Miserable,
Until
A book of explanation
Fell into my lap,
A reflection of recognizable self-hood
Written by one
Like me
Like me
Like me,
There are others
Like me,
But they
With outspread wings
Soar together
High,
Purposefully
Majestically
Beckoning me
With awe and wonder
Just be being
Who they are,
To rise
And
Also fly.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.