Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Jeremy (29), john22 (31), just starting (58)
Who's Online
3 registered (DaiseyLady, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447880 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#375057 - 11/12/11 03:52 AM sorting things out
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
Until I was 19 I was afraid to aknowledge the fact that I'm gay because I thought the abuse I went through was what being gay is about. But the issue I'm having trouble figuring out now is tougher because it's based more on confusion than fear. I haven't had sex since the last time I was abused. For a while I thought it was because I was afraid to, but now I'm wondering if it's possible that the abuse could have just killed my desire to act on my sexual fantasies. The thing is, I still want a relationship with a man but sex just doesn't seem to be of any importance right now.

#375077 - 11/12/11 10:33 AM Re: sorting things out [Re: Asmodeus]
cris40ky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: KY, US
And from my experience of the gay community, sex is expected in any relationship. My gay friends that don't know of my abuse see me as some kind of aberration because I don't want sex.

I too refused to accept the fact I was gay because of my abuser. And like our straight friends, intimate relationships are "difficult".

I think it's perfectly fine for me to say I'm not ready for a sexual relationship right now. I don't have the desire for one, and that's ok.

#377072 - 11/27/11 11:21 PM Re: sorting things out [Re: Asmodeus]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
For starters, what you experienced during your abuse was not sex. Sex is a choice made between two people. Both persons need to consent to the act.

It's normal for you to feel this way about sex. I worked the same way until I started dating and experimenting with my feelings during these sexual encounters. I never enjoyed them to the extent I wanted to, so what I did was stop chasing after sex so much and started chasing after intimacy. Anybody can have sex. But very few people know how to be intimate.

#377141 - 11/28/11 03:20 PM Re: sorting things out [Re: h.beat,h.break]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

I believe that h.beat,h. break said it well in his response.

I'm looking for some one who can connect with me, emotionally, mentally & intimately.
Better if we both have those same values.

The sexual stuff can wait until later, if ever.

My take on it.

Heal well, my fraternal brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#377165 - 11/28/11 05:02 PM Re: sorting things out [Re: petercorbett]
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
Maybe my feelings will change, maybe they won't, but at the point I'm at now I could live a happy life without sex.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.